Edwin Yip

[Suggestion] Add a new "Created Date" column to "To Do List"

Just an idea - wWithout breaking backward compatibility, It'll be great if the To Do List window has a "Created Date" column, so that one can track when the todo item was added.

Not bad the idea, it just might require adding more syntax to { ToDo: "my list item" } comments.
I'm also sure you know where you can file such requests officially. If you do that and post the number here
others might vote for that.

• Like 1

I'd use the blame view in git to get those dates.

The problem with adding an explicit date in the todo comments, is that the comment text may change, but the date is not updated.

Edited by Lars Fosdal
fixed spelling mistake

9 hours ago, TurboMagic said:

Not bad the idea, it just might require adding more syntax to { ToDo: "my list item" } comments.
I'm also sure you know where you can file such requests officially. If you do that and post the number here
others might vote for that.

Hm, while I agree in principle that features requests should be posted to the right place, I think you did not realize this is the GExperts sub forum, because SourceForge does not have a voting functionality.

(And I totally missed this topic until you and Lars commented on it which kind of enforces your point.)