Sign in to follow this  
omnibrain

CodeInsight: Loading project [...] hanging

With Delphi 11.2 every so often when opening a project, or opening another unit when having a project open my IDE hangs. It's always a different code file, but the symptoms are always the same. "CodeInsight: Loading project [...]" stops moving and the IDE just sits there, consuming 0% CPU and a varying amount of RAM.

Only thing I can do is to kill Delphi via the Task Manager.

Our projects can be quite large, with lots of units. I also use MMC, GExperts and DDevTools in their latest incarnations. 

Are there any likely cuprits? Anything I could do?

I do get codeinsight loading, however almost never freeze delphi.  Maybe try using process monitor to spy what code insight and / or the IDE is doing.

bds.exe is just idly communicating back and forth with the DB server, the DB components use at design time.

DelphiLsp.exe (all 3 processes) does nothing. Even if I kill those processes Delphi stays stuck. 😞

Just a guess: try changing the Code Insight Manager setting to Delphi (Classic Code Insight) to see if that makes any difference. Tools -> Options -> UI -> Editor -> Language -> Code Insight (tab) then Code Insight Manager drop down to select Delphi (Classic Code Insight).

I make this suggestion after finding earlier today on my 10.4.2 installation that changing from LSP to Classic fixed a problem. Using LSP no Doc comments (XML style documentation) were being displayed, just a brief glyph message 'calculating' but as soon as I changed it, that problem went away and the expected formatted display of those XML style comments was seen.

9 hours ago, DJof SD said:

Just a guess: try changing the Code Insight Manager setting to Delphi (Classic Code Insight) to see if that makes any difference. Tools -> Options -> UI -> Editor -> Language -> Code Insight (tab) then Code Insight Manager drop down to select Delphi (Classic Code Insight).

Thanks, but it looks like that the classic version is gone from 11.2.

Design time DB connections have been a pain for me in the past in several ways. Normally now I have no connection, and enable only when needed (which is rarely the case anyhow). Result is way less problems.