alogrep

custom fonts and sizes showmessage()

HI.

Is it possible to change font and button sizes in the showmessage() function? (Delphi 11.2)

Why not create your own ShowMessage function? After all it is simply a modal form that you can easily build yourself to fit your needs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FPiette said:

Why not create your own ShowMessage function? After all it is simply a modal form that you can easily build yourself to fit your needs.

Of course there are several reasons why one would prefer to use ShowMessage:

• It's a standard dialog form so the user will recognise it immediately and know how to use it
  • If the user skins his Windows installation, the dialog will automatically be skinned too
  • If the way Windows shows these dialogs changes, your own dialog will automatically change too

Changing the standard ShowMessage dialog in any way (different font etc.) will negate these advantages. The same applies to building a custom form.

Having said that: I too have created a dialog that replaces ShowMessage. The main reason was that I wanted to center that dialog on the parent form (or at least the main form) rather than the current monitor. (If anybody is interested: It's in w_dzDialog, which is part of my dzlib.)

Edited by dummzeuch

HI dummzeuch.

"Changing the standard ShowMessage dialog in any way (different font etc.) will negate these advantages.".

I do not want to negate those advantages, but as it is the dialog appears too small in higher resolutions. I would like to resize font size according to the screen resolution so that it would appear the same on any resolution.

2 hours ago, alogrep said:

I do not want to negate those advantages, but as it is the dialog appears too small in higher resolutions. I would like to resize font size according to the screen resolution so that it would appear the same on any resolution.

Make your application DPI aware and the dialog should be same on every settings.