Sign in to follow this  
Al T

How can I add a option to my design time package to force it to be reloaded every time it is opened by any project?

I'm trying to find a automatic solution that will force Delphi to reload a design time package every time the project that contains that component loads.

Anyone know of a solution?

3 hours ago, Al T said:

I'm trying to find a automatic solution that will force Delphi to reload a design time package every time the project that contains that component loads.

Anyone know of a solution?

I'm not sure I understand your requirement, but what you can do is this:

With no project or project group loaded in the IDE, go to the Component -> Install packages menu. The appearing dialog list all design-time packages the IDE knows about (from the registry). Make sure package in question is not checked in the list. Close the dialog with OK. You may want to close and restart the IDE and call up the dialog again to vertfy that the package ist still unchecked.

Now open the project in question, call up the dialog again and this time check the package. OK the dialog, do a save all for good measure.

These steps should make sure the component package is only loaded for projects that explicitely want that. The project-specific package selection is stored in the project's DPROJ file.

Edited by PeterBelow

17 hours ago, PeterBelow said:

These steps should make sure the component package is only loaded for projects that explicitely want that. The project-specific package selection is stored in the project's DPROJ file.

And just to be sure: Always close the current project before opening a new one. That should remove the package and then reload it when the new project is opened.