Sign in to follow this  
Almediadev Support

Time-Limited offer from Almediadev and DelphiStyles!

Tnanks for the interesting offer.

Regarding the DelphiStyles, I always wonder if their underlying components were constructed based on the original FMX styles structure,

or if they might use a completely different underlying structure.

Technically I think it should be possible to rework the internal structure completey, since this is build on shape primitives mainly, should be easy to replace.

I'm asking because the original FMX Styles components have some kind of lack in customizations, like background color, foreground color, accent colors, fonts, etc.

Moreover the original FMX Styles internal representations differ a lot over the different platforms, so that on some OS the handling and behaviour will differ greatly.

I think to have a 1:1 same internal structure would be best for all platforms, to have a unified interface, but I haven't looked too deep into the real reasons why its so different in the first place.

If DelphiStyles may use a different internal structure and maybe offers easy accessible color objects, to customize the whole color scheme in one central place,

that would make a lot of sense to me.

A life-time license is a nice thing, how is your opinion about the "future-readiness" of the Styles, have you seen big, internal structural or conceptual changes over the past years since XE2-3 ?

Currently I make no or very little use of FMX Styles, although I think the "Style" concept is a very good thing, only it makes way too much extra work,  than it should, if you need small customizations.

4 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

Tnanks for the interesting offer.

Regarding the DelphiStyles, I always wonder if their underlying components were constructed based on the original FMX styles structure,

or if they might use a completely different underlying structure.

Technically I think it should be possible to rework the internal structure completey, since this is build on shape primitives mainly, should be easy to replace.

I'm asking because the original FMX Styles components have some kind of lack in customizations, like background color, foreground color, accent colors, fonts, etc.

Moreover the original FMX Styles internal representations differ a lot over the different platforms, so that on some OS the handling and behaviour will differ greatly.

I think to have a 1:1 same internal structure would be best for all platforms, to have a unified interface, but I haven't looked too deep into the real reasons why its so different in the first place.

If DelphiStyles may use a different internal structure and maybe offers easy accessible color objects, to customize the whole color scheme in one central place,

that would make a lot of sense to me.

A life-time license is a nice thing, how is your opinion about the "future-readiness" of the Styles, have you seen big, internal structural or conceptual changes over the past years since XE2-3 ?

Currently I make no or very little use of FMX Styles, although I think the "Style" concept is a very good thing, only it makes way too much extra work,  than it should, if you need small customizations.

Hello,

We provide FMX Style Templates *.vsf  for Bitmap Style Designer Tool (see Tools > Bitmap Style Designer), which includes internal style converter unit from *.vsf to real FMX *.style file with FMX format of current IDE!

This means that you can use our templates since XE5, because * .vsf template is independent from FMX Style format.

Style includes several templates for each platform (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux).

You can read full info:

https://www.delphistyles.com/fmx/guide.html

Regards,

Almediadev

Edited by Almediadev Support