ptlycldy

TRichEdit equivalent in FMX?

I am trying to convert an old Windows program into Android.  When I built the Win program it was all VCL and TRichEdit allowed you to edit a line at a time.  I now am using a CE edition and can't find anything that might let me do that in FMX for Android.

Does anyone have any suggestions?   The application is for an aid in decrypting those "Cryptoquote" puzzles found in newspapers, so maintaining the sentence/line-of-text structure is important.

Thanks for your ideas.

Ptlycldy

Thanks for the tip.  Looks like great software, but my application is just for my wife and myself.  (I'm long retired and it is out of my price range now.)    

FMX

uses
  // RTL
  System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.SysUtils,
  // FMX
  FMX.Memo, FMX.Types, FMX.Graphics, FMX.Controls.Model, FMX.Controls.Presentation;

am I wrong?

Edited by limelect

2 hours ago, ptlycldy said:

The application is for an aid in decrypting those "Cryptoquote" puzzles found in newspapers, so maintaining the sentence/line-of-text structure is important.

Can you describe why it needs to be rich edit?

3 minutes ago, limelect said:

am I wrong?

Yes. I wrote it, so I would know. Also see line 58 of the code

Edited by Dave Nottage
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Serge_G said:

Perhaps this one https://www.trichview.com/ showed in getIt ?

Thanks for pointing me to that, I used the old VCL version some years ago.

Didn't realize that this is now FMX ready too, at least a few platforms, that is great news.

Supported FireMonkey platforms: Windows (Delphi XE6 and newer), 64-bit macOS (Delphi 10.3 and newer), Android (Delphi 10.4 and newer)

I could recommend the old VCL version, not sure yet about FMX, but I will look into that.