wright

How to connect to wss:// server ?

The new ICS WebSocket Client component is now in SVN and will be zipped overnight.  

See top of OverbyteIcsWebSocketCli.pas for information on how to use it, sample is a new tab in OverbyteIcsHttpRestTst.dpr.

I'll look at the ICS WebSocket Server next week, it needs to be brought up to date. 

Angus

• Like 2

Is there a way to use this new ICS WebSocket Client component in Delphi 10.4 Sydney?
I just installed the "ICS für VCL 8.70" via GetIt-Package-Manager and it does not contain the component.

Then i downloaded the icsv8w.zip manually, and it contains the OverbyteIcsWebSocketCli.pas.

But how to install? In the svn-changelog-icsv8.txt is a note - concerning this component - "Currently only the Delphi 11 and 2007 packages have the new unit, it should be forced into other packages. ".

Does this mean, no use in D10.4 at the moment?

Uninstall the package you got from GetIT (This is not frequently up-to-date) and follow the instructions in Readme8.txt in the daily zip (Or from the subversion repository). In short: Installation is just compile the packages for your Delphi version. There is a folder in the zip file containing group project for various compilers. For Delphi 10.4, open D104InstallVclFmx.groupproj and compile all projects and install all design time packages. For ease of use you may add source and source\include folders to the IDE search path.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:02 PM, Angus Robertson said:

I'll look at the ICS WebSocket Server next week, it needs to be brought up to date. 

Hi, Angus any news?

There was a new WebSocket server in SVN last week, sharing much code with the new client since WebSocket is a symmetrical service, and built into the existing web server samples running on port 443, rather than a separate port.  Most of the methods and events are the same for client and server.

The OverbyteIcsSslMultiWebServ and OverbyteIcsDDWebService samples should respond to these WebSocket URLs:

wss://localhost/WebSocket/Echo     (echoes messages received)
wss://localhost/WebSocket/EchoPing (echo and send keep alive pings)
wss://localhost/WebSocket/Chat?MyName (multi user chat server)

There is a new websocketclient.html page listed on the main demo.html  page that allows testing these WebSocket servers.  The new client component will also access these URLs.  I also have similar URLs on my public web server and anyone wants to test the client alone, but email for the full URL, I don't want it indexed.

Angus

• Like 1

i tried to install ICS 8.70 / 8.71 without getit on Delphi 11.2 it seems it's not yet supported.

any workarround?

Capture d’écran 2023-01-24 181501.png

I've built the ICS V8.70 and now V8.71 packages on Delphi 11.2 dozens of times since September when it was released.  The new WebSocket units are only in SVN and the overnight zip, not V8.70. 

The package says 11.0 because Embarcadero changed the naming scheme when releasing the first update to 11, but works with all versions of 11.

Sorry, no idea why it wants to rebuild the RTL package. 

Angus

The new websocket client component does not have a public or private Timer property, you will need to be more specific. There is FPeriodicTimer but that is internal use. 

Angus