tester1234

OpenSSL linking with clang compiler

We are upgrading our applications from classic to clang compiler. As part of this work we need to upgrade the third party libraries too including openssl as outlined here
Has anyone successfully completed this. I am following the steps outlined on their repo. Checking out the openssl-3.0.0 tag I was able to successfully compile. However linking against my application I am getting the following errors:

[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_SSL_library_init' referenced from
[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_SSL_load_error_strings'  referenced from
[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf  referenced from
[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CRYPTO_num_locks' referenced from
[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CRYPTO_set_locking_callback' referenced from
[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_SSLv2_client_method' referenced from
[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_SSLv23_client_method' referenced from
[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_SSLv3_client_method' referenced from

This appears to be because these functions are deprecated in the latest versions. 

I don't want to have to upgrade our code to work with newer versions of openssl. Anyone experienced something similar and could add some pointers please 🙂 

I see this answer related for creating compatible libs for Rad Studio but is this applicable to the clang version too????

Edited by tester1234

If you don't want to update your code to support OpenSSL 3, then build an older version instead.  These functions have not been used for years.

Angus

19 hours ago, Angus Robertson said:

If you don't want to update your code to support OpenSSL 3, then build an older version instead.  These functions have not been used for years.

Angus

But if I checkout an older version of the tag on that repo, it does not support bcc32c compilation only borland

Just circling back here, has anyone tried building an older version of openssl ~1.0.2 with the new clang compiler??