PeterPanettone

Added a menu item to Grep Search Results

I have added a  menu item to the context menu of the Grep Results Context to copy the text selected in the Grep Results source Context:

hkGII3UVR7g1U2sX.thumb.png.d5a367a667a40c06fd1ff21a06531bef.png 

This is very helpful when you quickly need a piece of code from the search results context.

Here is the changed source code (based on r3924))

GX_GrepResults.zip

Edited by PeterPanettone

1 hour ago, PeterPanettone said:

I have added a  menu item to the context menu of the Grep Results Context to copy the text selected in the Grep Results source Context:

This is very helpful when you quickly need a piece of code from the search results context.

Here is the changed source code (based on r3924))

GX_GrepResults.zip

Thanks. Did you also file a feature request on SourceForge?

2 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Thanks. Did you also file a feature request on SourceForge?

Hi Thomas,

I wrote an e-mail to your SourceForge e-mail address <twm@users.sourceforge.net> before posting here. But it came back with a "550 unknown user".

Should I file an extra request at SourceForge too?

Edited by PeterPanettone

2 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

I wrote an e-mail to your SourceForge e-mail address <twm@users.sourceforge.net> before posting here. But it came back with a "550 unknown user".

Should I file an extra request at SourceForge too?

The best way to suggest new features (or report bugs), optionally with a patch, is writing a feature request (or bug report) on SourceForge.

Anything I get by email, in this the forum, via Twitter or whatever other obscure communication channel might get lost due to me forgetting about it.

Odd that the SourceForge email does not work. It used to work at some time and I haven't changed anyting.

On 12/15/2022 at 9:25 AM, PeterPanettone said:

I just had a look at this and found, that this functionality already existed in the form of an action with shortcut Ctrl+C and an entry in the main/hamburger menu. I have now added an item to the popup menu for that control too and changed the code to copy the whole content of the control if no text was selected.

I also added a popup menu to the results list with the (again already existing) functionality to copy that list to the clipboard.