Rollo62

[Fmx, iOS} App in Release shows only white background with Rio 10.3.1

Hi there,

maybe its too late today, but I don't see the reason why my app behaves different now.
I updated to Rio 10.3.1, and made a new .dproj File by the IDE, to make all the necessary changes for iOS and Android.

Now it shows the Launch-Screen in Debug mode on the deivice, but when I test via Release in Testflight, I just get a white, blank page.

I have doublechecked everything, but I can see no reason.

• All settings in .dproj were doublechecked twice, against the old, working setting of 10.2.3. Nothing special.
  • I added all icons and scxreenshots (including the new ones with different resolutions)
  • I checked the icons for iPhone and iPad, they all are visible and OK in the IDEs "Application icons designer"
  • In form SystemStatusbar I have black color, always, which is strange, since the launch sceen is white.
    Maybe this setting is only for the statusbar, but this is white during start too, only after start it went black, as usual.
  • No error messages or warnings, all functions work fine, same in debug and release.
  • I haven't checked the PNG file format yet, but I never got any issues, maybe now some special format is required.
    Anyhow all PNGs display fine in my graphics tools, as usual.

I hope somebody could push me in the right direction, maybe tomorrow I see some light in the tunnel  :classic_blink:

Edited by Rollo62

Check your deployment options -- debug and release builds can have different options. Perhaps some of the graphic resources are included in the Release build?

3 hours ago, Eli M. said:

Try deploying a new blank app.

Thanks for the reminder

Its always the best way if something get stuck to use the miracle "empty app" (so sad that this is the best method ...).

Anyway, an empty app, only with my images launches of coarse (Release / Development should be similar binary as in AppStore).

Interesting are the .dproj files, which have not much relevant differences I would say at first glance.
The only intersting difference is, the deployment file:

<DeployFile LocalName="..\_Assets\Icons\_App\iOS\iPhone\FM_ApplicationIcon_87x87.png" Configuration="Release"   Class="iPhone_AppIcon87">
    <Platform Name="iOSDevice64">
        <Overwrite>true</Overwrite>
    </Platform>
</DeployFile>

<Deployment Version="3">
<DeployFile LocalName="..\_Assets\Icons\_App\iOS\iPhone\FM_LaunchImage_1242x2208.png" Configuration="Release" Class="iPhone_Launch1242">
    <Platform Name="iOSDevice64">
        <RemoteName>Default-1242w-2208h@3x.png</RemoteName>
        <Overwrite>true</Overwrite>
    </Platform>
</DeployFile>

These additional <DeployFile ... > items appear in the non-working project, the working/empty project doesn't have these special deployment settings..
Anyway also the working/empty project deploys these files correctly (what I can see during start),

Both apps define the images in the same way.

//empty app OK
<iPhone_AppIcon57>..\_Assets\Icons\_App\iOS\iPhone\FM_ApplicationIcon_57x57.png</iPhone_AppIcon57>
<iPhone_Launch1242>..\_Assets\Icons\_App\iOS\iPhone\FM_LaunchImage_1242x2208.png</iPhone_Launch1242>

// non-working app (Debug OK / Release not OK)
<iPhone_AppIcon57>..\_Assets\Icons\_App\iOS\iPhone\FM_ApplicationIcon_57x57.png</iPhone_AppIcon57>
<iPhone_Launch1242>..\_Assets\Icons\_App\iOS\iPhone\FM_LaunchImage_1242x2208.png</iPhone_Launch1242>

So maybe there is something wrong with additional deployment versions ?

Is there a way to reset them to default, so that I don'T have to re-create the whole .dproj file ?

Edit

1 hour ago, DelphiMT said:

Check your deployment options -- debug and release builds can have different options. Perhaps some of the graphic resources are included in the Release build?

Yes, that seems the case, but I don't know how I got there.

The non-working project was re-created similar as the empty app, not long ago.
So maybe I pressed the wrong buttons somewhere, very strange.
Could this happen if adding files by the  "resources and images" project option ?

I think I better re-create the whole stuff again, to be sure and safe for the future.

Thanks

Edited by Rollo62