JohnLM

forum loading previous message when selecting [create new topic]

I have a problem with this forum. Whenever I go into some forums, like the General Help section and try to start a new topic, I get residuals of a previous topics post.

I cannot figure out how to resolve it.  It just keeps posting the same info/text in the body section.

Can an admin help me resolve this?  I need to post a new topic and can't. Thank you.

Please ignore the junk below, This is what keeps auto-filling in when I start a new topic.

win7, d11.2, vcl, for/to loop

for i:=0 to 10 step 2 do begin
  // ...process... //
end; 

I use to do this in delphi 6 in various projects. I never had problems with it, and I need to use it again, but this time in Delphi 11 but it is not working. Same for XE7.  I believe something has changed, maybe a compiler directive switch, you know, {$step on/off} or something. I know I can do it in other ways, but in this case its easier for me to visualize in my head the various things 

How do I turn it on?

Are you using a mobile browser? If yes: I have exactly the same problem. The only way I found was to create a new post in a desktop browser and then delete the old stuff.

I found no way to do that in the mobile browser (on Android).

When you're adding a new message, there's only a [Submit Reply] button, but no [Cancel] button.

So I'm guessing this may be a "safety feature" of the discussion board. When I've started a message then change my mind, I simply click away and do other stuff. The next time I try to create a message in that group, it displays the message I abandoned earlier in case I clicked away by accident. 

ha-harg!!  I found it, the answer.., below. 

image.png.6a96d1c6bfd45580b5b06bea52af10a0.png

Now that I think about it, it was because I started a new topic on for/step/looping (because the STEP part was not working in XE7 and D11 -- I guess its no longer supported nor recommended) and then I decided not to post it because I found another way using a simple custom counter that worked for my needs.  Anyway.  Not sure how I ended that post.  I thought I had clicked [cancel] or just closed the window, but can't remember now, and it doesn't matter.  Just click on the clear editor link and it will clear the window.  Problem solved! 

Thank you all for chiming in, appreciated.