JohnLM

ms access error message - there is no object in this control

Delphi 11, win7, office 2010, ms access

I did not know anywhere else to post this and thought it best here.

I use Office 2010, and when I open an Access database and proceed to open a text file for importing as a new Table or Linked source, it fails with the message "there is no object in this control"

Also, when I proceed to open the Linked Table Manager, it also fails with the same message. 

After some time thinking about, and how it might have happened (I initially thought that Office got corrupt) I came to the conclusion that this happened when I installed Delphi 11.2 Alexandria because it uses the new Edge Browser components/dll's, etc., and that had to get installed which it installed, I think. Either way, I have to keep that installed in order to use Delphi 11 and/or some of the components. They appear to be necessary, so I'm stuck.

It appears that I have lost some functionality in Access, like the above-mentioned, which I need and use regularly. 

Note, I use MS Access every day on this laptop. 

Does anyone know about this and how I can resolve that error message to get Access working correctly again ?

Edited by JohnLM

have you tryed "delete" control and add again in your DB Access?

-- perhaps a "ActiveX/OCX/DLL" was replaces on system folder (in old MS-APps was a common way install many "same"-libraries  in many places!

No form in my Access db.  This occurs inside the IDE of Access. 

I've been using Access (office products) since 1998, and never had this problem.  I have no clue exactly what could have caused it, in terms of files and things. 

I  use Access every day, but I haven't the need to import since early November/2022.  So, no way to track exactly when this occurred except that it had to be when I installed Delphi 11 in mid Nov/2022.  Today, I needed to import a fresh text (csv) file and that's when I discovered the problem. 

So, to remove any doubts, it only remains to test the same DB Access file on another PC.  

If it opens then most likely some DLL/OCX has been replaced by RAD Studio... using your report as a starting point.  

One attempt would be to find out which one, and copy it from another PC.  

However, you could fix MSAcces and break RAD Studio... Got it?  

MS Access uses OCX and DLL files.

Unfortunately, that test can not work because it's not a single .mdb / .accdb file, its all of them.  Even new files I create suffer the same fate.

It is definitely MS Access on this laptop. 

Edited by JohnLM

RESOLVED !!

I resolved it by re-installing office 2010. I was searching around for the install repair feature because I thought it would have that feature but I couldn't find one. I had found old install directory still around and hit the setup.exe app. Went through the product key/activation process with success. The old link in the pop-up dialog box still works in this version.

Anyway. The Import and Linked Table Manager features are now working again!