svtdoug

10.1 Berlin - no mouse hover inspect

Having worked with Delphi 5 and 7 some years ago, I have been working on a new project and using 10.1 Berlin.  Yeah, I should upgrade.  But one thing is missing and I can't figure it out.  On debugging, there is no mouse hover inspect, as there was in Delphi 5 and 7.  Is that a feature that needs to be turned on? 

Code completion and mouse over info/parameters/declarations seems to work in edit mode. 

Thanks much for any help.

Doug

Thanks for the clarification - Tooltip expression evaluation - I found in Options, Editor Options, Code Insight - and it is checked.  But the evaluation still does not work in debug mode.  Any idea why it is not working?  Same code, it works in Delphi 5. 

Thanks!

Doug

If you just opened the old project in 10.1 Berlin the project options will not be set correctly as far as debug information is concerned. In older versions the "debug information" setting in the compiler options was a simple boolean yes/no value. Later it morphed into a value with three possible values and the migration of the old project files does not take that into account. So check the compiler setting in the project options for the debug build.