CHackbart

TestFlight problems

Hi,

i have a problem when i try to publish an application. I upload it via Transporter, but it complains the following:

"Cannot be used with TestFlight because the bundle at “Appname.app” is missing a provisioning profile. Main bundles are expected to have provisioning profiles in order to be eligible for TestFlight." (90889)

I have no idea what I do wrong, I set it up correctly, and also tried to sign It by hand via:

codesign -f -v -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application" Appname.app

productbuild --component "Appname.app" /Applications --sign "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer:" --product "Appname.app/Contents/info.plist" Appname.pkg

Does someone have an idea what I missed?

Christian

It's because of this issue: https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-40302

Workaround steps from the report:

1. Locate the matching App Store provisioning profile on the Mac
  2. Copy the provisioning profile to the project folder, and rename it embedded.provisionprofile
  3. Add embedded.provisionprofile to the Deployment for macOS, with a Remote Path value of: Contents\
  4. Deploy

Now the app should be able to be submitted to TestFlight

Thanks, for the hint. I managed to do this and the Transporter App does not complain it anymore. Besides this under TestFlight I get a "Not Available for Testing". 

Christian

I followed the instructions above and now Transporter uploads the package with no problems but the TestFlight tab is still showing it as "Not Available for Testing. Is there anything else I need to do?

Ken

9 hours ago, KenR said:

"Not Available for Testing

Was the profile that you included (as embedded.provisionprofile) the App Store provisioning profile?

15 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Was the profile that you included (as embedded.provisionprofile) the App Store provisioning profile?

Never mind - it looks like it's an additional problem: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/689377

Delphi is not including the information mentioned in that thread. Yet another thing to work around 😞 More later when I work out what needs to be added

4 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

More later when I work out what needs to be added

An example of what probably needs to be added to info.plist.TemplateOSX.xml (inside of the dict tag): 

<key>DTPlatformBuild</key>
<string>22C65</string>
<key>DTPlatformName</key>
<string>macosx</string>
<key>DTPlatformVersion</key>
<string>13.1</string>
<key>DTSDKBuild</key>
<string>22C55</string>
<key>DTSDKName</key>
<string>macosx13.1</string>
<key>DTXcode</key>
<string>1420</string>
<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
<string>14C18</string>

DTPlatformBuild is (as I understand) the value for the OS used to build the app. In my case I have Ventura 13.1
DTSDKBuild the build value for the SDK. Here it is for macOS 13.1 SDK
DTXcode is the version of Xcode with no periods i.e. here it is 14.2.0 (or just 14.2)

DTXcodeBuild is the build value for the version of Xcode used

I expect the most important values are DTPlatformBuild, DTSDKBuild and DTXcodeBuild - it may be that the others can be omitted. No guarantee that all the values are correct here - I had to do some Googling to find them.

Thanks Dave but that didn't make any difference. What did is editing the Entitlement.TemplateOSX.xml file and adding:

<key>com.apple.application-identifier</key>
<string>XXXXXX.YYYYYY</string>
<key>com.apple.developer.team-identifier</key>
<string>XXXXXX</string>

Where XXXXXX is your Team ID and YYYYYY is your Aplication ID.

I have left all of the other stuff in but will experiment with removing it.

Regards,

Ken

1 minute ago, KenR said:

Where XXXXXX is your Team ID and YYYYYY is your Application ID

I assume this worked? Thanks for the info!

10 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:
12 minutes ago, KenR said:

Where XXXXXX is your Team ID and YYYYYY is your Application ID

I assume this worked? Thanks for the info!

I just tested it myself, without the changes to info.plist.TemplateOSX.xml and it worked. Thanks again! I'll be updating the report

Not quite all roses. Need to leave the changes our of the entitlements for the debug version. What's the best way of doing this?

I've started having problems again with TestFlight/OSX in 11.3.1. Can anyone confirm what the requirements are now for this?