Jean_D

How do I 'connect' an 'inhouse' MacBook Air to a VM hosting my work environment in the Cloud?

I have Delphi 11.2 Alexandria installed on a VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 6.5 virtual machine (hosted outside of my work enviroment). I access the virtual machine via a Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection. For my iOS app I have a MacBook Air next to my PC.

How do I 'connect' my 'inhouse' MacBook Air to the VM hosting my work environment in the Cloud? Is that event feasible?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, Jean_D said:

How do I 'connect' my 'inhouse' MacBook Air to the VM hosting my work environment in the Cloud? Is that event feasible?

You'd need to have PAServer on your MacBook accessible from the VM. Since the VM is outside of your work environment, you would probably need to set up port forwarding on your router, so that it can forward to PAServer.

I'd better create a vpn server on the cloud to create a virtual LAN between 3 of your environments.

• Like 1

Thanks for both of your suggestions.

After been distracted by other projects, I finally had time to attempt to solve my issue. It took a few tries but I, finally, was successfull. In order to solve my problem, I 'simply' had to install a VPN Client on my MacBook giving me 'access' to my virtual machine.