Rollo62

Who is doing MacOS app with RadStudio for clients ?

Who is doing MacOs applications for clients ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. MacOS applications made with RadStudio:

• No, never do anything with MacOS
    • We use MacOS internally only
    • We have one (few) MacOS apps launched, for testing purposes
    • We have regular MacOS apps which are sold AdHoc, to a small client base
    • We have regular MacOS apps which are distributed normally, to a larger client base
    • We have regular MacOS apps, using other tools also

Please excuse my curiosity, I would like to know who is actually dealing with MacOS client apps.

Edited by Rollo62

We have one client who uses our software on macOS. All others are Windows and iOS.

My software runs with all OS (Win32/Win64/MacOS/iOS/Android/Linux [fmxlinux]) but with MacOS the Delphi-BLE-implementation is not useable.
P.S.: With Linux BLE is also not useable but there isn't any BLE implementation until now, under MacOS is an error in the existing BLE implementation.

• Like 1

Is it the case that Delphi apps are still locked out of the app store because there is no 64 bit Mac OSX compiler?

1 hour ago, philipp.hofmann said:

My software runs with all OS (Win32/Win64/MacOS/iOS/Android/Linux [fmxlinux]) but with MacOS the Delphi-BLE-implementation is not useable.
P.S.: With Linux BLE is also not useable but there isn't any BLE implementation until now, under MacOS is an error in the existing BLE implementation.

While do you say BLE is not usable? I have an app available on both Apple and Google stores that runs on Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android, and uses BLE to control an industrial laser. I've had problems getting it to work with Windows, but it was easy to get it working on iOS, Mac and Android.

6 hours ago, David Heffernan said:

Is it the case that Delphi apps are still locked out of the app store because there is no 64 bit Mac OSX compiler?

Yes.  The OSX 64bit compiler is still in development and is scheduled to be released sometime in a future 10.3.x update.

Edited by Remy Lebeau

I was able to use Delphi+BLE only in combination with MacOSX Sierra (or older) but not with High Sierra or Mojave -> this means it's not useable in my use case. If you know how I can use Delphi+BLE also with Mojave I'm extremly interested.

On 3/8/2019 at 11:41 PM, philipp.hofmann said:

I was able to use Delphi+BLE only in combination with MacOSX Sierra (or older) but not with High Sierra or Mojave -> this means it's not useable in my use case. If you know how I can use Delphi+BLE also with Mojave I'm extremly interested.

I'm using High Sierra. It may depend on what "flavor" of BLE you need to use. In my case I'm using the UART over Bluetooth service. I did end up using a USB Bluetooth dongle because the built-in Bluetooth on my 2012 Mac Mini didn't work - maybe you are running into the same issue?

I did end up using a USB Bluetooth dongle because the built-in Bluetooth on my 2012 Mac Mini didn't work

In this case I'm developing software for end consumer, so it's no solution if I have to use additional hardware or if I restrict the software to Sierra.

Our MacOS app has 20.000+ users (in addition to the Win and iOS users). Each of those had to confirm the message from MacOS that they are using an outdated app... Looking very much forward to the 64 bit compiler!