Sign in to follow this  
TazKy

Alexandria 11.2 and Android 13 Question

I really hope I do not need an education but I might.

1. From what I understand about what 11.2 supports Android 11 and 12.
  2. There is no mentioning in any documentation about supporting Android 13.
  3. Android 13's API Level is 33.
  4. 11.2 SDK Manager (AndroidSDK-2525-22.0.46141.0937) states "32.0.0" all over the place and in the build-tools directory there is no "33.0.0".

So what is going on?  I have seen a topic in here about 11.2 and Android 13.  Can someone enlighten me?

The reason I ask is that pretty soon I will have to support Android 13 tablets.  I keep looking for information from Embarcadero but they are silent.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, TazKy said:

There is no mentioning in any documentation about supporting Android 13.

Because it doesn't officially, yet. That is not to say apps will not work on it - in fact, they can, and do

20 minutes ago, TazKy said:

11.2 SDK Manager (AndroidSDK-2525-22.0.46141.0937) states "32.0.0" all over the place and in the build-tools directory there is no "33.0.0".

Yes, this is often a source of much confusion. The installed SDK "version" and installed API levels and build tools do not necessarily directly relate to whether an app will work on a particular version of Android.

22 minutes ago, TazKy said:

I will have to support Android 13 tablets

There are some considerations to allow for to support Android 13, outlined here: https://developer.android.com/about/versions/13/migration. There's also been a number of questions here and on Stack Overflow about how to deal with some of them