Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Spencer

Failed deferred Getit packages

During the Delphi 10.4.2 splash screen, I always receive the following Information dialog: "RAD Studio found some failed deferred GetIt packages. You can revise the list of packages that failed in the GetIt Packages dialog box, and decide to cancel them or try to process them again when the IDE is closed."

The closest that I can find to a "GetIt Packages dialog box" is the menu item Tools -> GetIt Package Manager. This does not offer any "list of packages that failed" or any further clue to solving/permanently removing the condition which causes the above message.

Any ideas?

have you tryed look at "Registry"  key and delete the item about package that failed / and on GetIt repository folder

HCU\...\Embarcadero\...\CatalogRepository\Elements

My Documents\...\CatalogRepository

NOTE: Embarcadero is a "hacker" and you need use "manual command line" List-in-Box dialog :classic_biggrin:

Edited by programmerdelphi2k
  • Like 1

Everything in the Registry looked fine, so I made no changes there.
I did delete a couple of folders of old/unused JEDI CL and VCL from My Documents\...\CatalogRepositry
That fixed the problem.

(Of course, this was nowhere near what the original pop-up message advised to be done!)

Thanks

FYI, there was an issue posted somewhere related to quality central, but they seem to have failed to notice that the instruction message is an issue by itself

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-34304