Incus J

Unable to connect to PAServer 22 with Alexandria 11.2

When I try to run (deploy) an FMX macOS app from Alexandria 11.2 I get the following error message:

"Unable to start LLDB kernel: 'Symbolic link target does not exist: /Applications/PAServer-22.0.app ... Xcode.app ... Versions/3.8/Python3.

Please make sure that the target exists or update the link to point to the new location of the Python 3 installation'.

On the Windows side I have Alexandria 11.2 on a Windows 10 VM (VMWare Fusion 11.5.6).

On the Mac side I have PAServer22 Version 13.2.11.7 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Pretty sure I had this working in an earlier release of Alexandria(?).  Everything runs fine with Delphi 10.4.1 and PAServer21 on the same system.

I'm guessing I need Python 3, or if that's already present, some way to tell PAServer where Python 3 is located?

Edit: A look inside the package contents of Xcode.app reveals Python 3 is located in ... Frameworks/Python3.framework/Versions/3.7/Python3

So 3.7 vs 3.8 - I wonder whether it actually requires 3.8 or whether there's a way to point it to 3.7 ?

Edited by Incus J

The IDE copied a PAServer package into the scratch-dir folder for me, which I then installed - so yes it likely is the one from the Delphi program files folder.  

I'm currently downloading a version of Xcode that I think includes Python 3.8 and still supports Catalina.

Thank you for the link - I'll try the package you suggested from the website, as that might be a quick fix - before I resort to trying to update Xcode.

🙂 Updating to a different version of Xcode seems to have solved it.

Finding a suitable combination of Delphi, PAServer, Xcode, macOS and Fusion versions that will all play nicely together can be tricky.

Edited by Incus J
  • Like 1

Hi, I have the same issue with Xcode 15 and Delphi 12

Wich version do you use ?

I can't tell you which Xcode version is required for the PA-Server of Delphi 12.

But here's what I did to make any* PA-Server work with any* Xcode (* well within bounds naturally, I made PAServer of Delphi 11.2 work with Xcode 15.3).

1. Make a copy of PAServer-xyz.app (I used ~/Developer, i.e. below my home directory)
  2. In Terminal, remove the signature with "codesign --remove-signature PAServer-xyz.app"
  3. cd into "PAServer-xyz.app/Contents/MacOS/lldb/lib/python3.<whatever>"
  4. change the symbolic link Python to point to your Xcodes current python: "sudo ln -hfs /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/Frameworks/Python3.framework/Versions/Current/Python3 Python"
  5. run the modified PAServer (sign it again with your own certificate if desired)

The "Current" in that Xcode path is a handy symbolic link - and makes me wonder why PAServer doesn't make use of it.

• Like 1