Cirrus22

Downloading Always gets Me GERS11.....

Hi,

This may be normal behavior, but I'm at your download page which states ...Pick a version to download... 

I select the version for D10.4 GXRS 10.4_1....., but I get the latest version for D11 GXRS11_1....... downloaded. In fact, no matter what version I select to download, I always get GXRS 11_1..... version.

Is that correct or should I get a version that has the name of the file I think I'm downloading?

Thanks,

Kevin

14 hours ago, baka0815 said:

Downloading from https://blog.dummzeuch.de/experimental-gexperts-version/gexperts-1-3-21-experimental-twm-2022-04-09/ I can't reproduce your problem. From which site are you downloading?

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back. Here's the website (and the file I'm trying to download (note the 10.4 in the name):

image.thumb.png.3bb055964294072959c418b4d10bc604.png

For clarity the URL is:  GExperts 1.3.21 experimental twm 2022-04-09 – twm's blog (dummzeuch.de)

and the filename to download is: GXRS10.4_1.3.21_experimental-twm_2022_04_09.exe

The file that actually gets downloaded if I click the link is: GXRS11_1.3.21_experimental-twm_2022_04_09.exe (in fact if I click any link it downloads this file).

Regardless, I ran this installation file ( GXRS11_1.3.21_experimental-twm_2022_04_09.exe) and (after an issue with paths and a previous installation) it installed correctly into my Delphi 10.4 application, so it's now working.

I was (and still am a bit) confused when the website specifically references a version edition and I always get GXRS11_1.3.21....... downloaded. Obviously this is a single edition that contains the tweaks for all of the available versions of Delphi. I'm glad I figured it out, GExperts is a very nice addition to the normal Delphi IDE.

Happy to close this as an issue, my lack of knowledge probably played a significant part in my confusion.

Cheers,

Kevin

If I click on either download, the filename corresponds to the version in the link description.

I also downloaded some of the files and they are clearly different:

image.thumb.png.ba0423b0b786bf2d35283a7efc983ced.png

I don't know what is (or was?) your problem downloading the files. As it installed correctly merely the name of the download file was somehow changed, but the contents seems to be correct.

14 hours ago, baka0815 said:

Downloading from https://blog.dummzeuch.de/experimental-gexperts-version/gexperts-1-3-21-experimental-twm-2022-04-09/ I can't reproduce your problem. From which site are you downloading?

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back. Yes, it was strange that the filename being downloaded was always D11_..... but it did install and work correctly in Delphi 10.4 so all good. 

Probably, as you suggest, something happening with the name on download (it's standard Edge browser).

Anyway, it's working that's the main thing.

Thank you for you interest and assistance.

Cheers,

Kevin