Sign in to follow this  
osterhaegar

OMG, that Edit Path expert is awesome

@dummzeuch

I just wanted to let you know that I just discovered that "new" Edit Path expert. And I only noticed it because I saw your last commit (10 minutes ago) with the bug fix. This expert is so much more convenient for editing the unit search path than the usual way through Project -> Options -> select the target with the mouse -> select the search path with the mouse -> Press Alt+Down -> (and then of  course Press Alt+M to get to the memo view that GExperts provides).

Every blody time I had to change something in that path I was cursing the person who came up with this cumbersome design of the dialog. Thanks a bucket, Thomas!

A shame that I missed your blog post about it and discovered it only just now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Why is it called experimental over a decade? What are you experimenting? Who will be the first to ask that? 🙂

Edited by Attila Kovacs
  • Haha 2

Cool. I have almost made an expert for this too, the built in is such an annoying **** like the library path editor.

@dummzeuch maybe you could size the controls less shy and the "inherited" area pops up too small.

image.thumb.png.c7488c1c8530293f11ef8c868d614233.png

Edited by Attila Kovacs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Attila Kovacs said:

Why is it called experimental over a decade? What are you experimenting? Who will be the first to ask that? 🙂

I call GExperts experimental because I don't want anybody thinking that it has been thoroughly tested. Way back, when there actually were several people working on it and many more testing it, there were stable releases. Today I'm the only developer (apart from some very few contributions from others, for which I'm very grateful) and my time is very limited. I simply can't test with all Delphi versions, so only those that I use regularly (currently 2007, 10.2 and some XE2) could be called kind of stable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Attila Kovacs said:

Cool. I have almost made an expert for this too, the built in is such an annoying **** like the library path editor.

@dummzeuch maybe you could size the controls less shy and the "inherited" area pops up too small.

If I remember correctly there is a splitter between the edit memo and the inherited list. But I think the position isn't saved (yet).

Is that screenshot from the Delphi 11 version? On a monitor with > 100% scaling?

7 hours ago, Attila Kovacs said:

I've been wanting such feature from the IDE for so many years already! And now you've done it! Well done @dummzeuch

• Thanks 1

Just so nobody gets disappointed: That expert is only available for Delphi 2009 and later. Delphi 2007 and older are lacking the OTAPI support for it. Here is the original blog post.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 7:13 PM, Attila Kovacs said:

@dummzeuch maybe you could size the controls less shy

Fixed. I forgot to call InitDpiScaler in the constructor.

• Like 1