emileverh

Delphi 11.3 is available now!

On 3/21/2023 at 12:51 AM, rgdawson said:

The new editor feature that highlights words that you select where visible elsewhere in the editor causes the editor to scroll unexpectedly if you are using folding, which I do, so I had to disable that feature.

Yes, I also turned off this feature because of the spontaneous jumps of the text. It's very annoying. Is there any RSP about this?

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 5:51 PM, rgdawson said:

The new editor feature that highlights words that you select where visible elsewhere in the editor causes the editor to scroll unexpectedly if you are using folding, which I do, so I had to disable that feature.

Pretty annoying! I like word highlighting so I just unfolded all, for now.

Another thing I noticed was that the Vcl StringGrids were improved to now DPI scale the gridlines thickness, so for example at 200%, your gridlines will be two pixels in width.  I happened to have an app with several ownerdraw string grids that do custom stuff with column widths that assumed the gridline width was 1 and all that broke.  So that might be something to look out for, cuz it was not obvious to me at first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rgdawson said:

Another thing I noticed was that the Vcl StringGrids were improved to now DPI scale the gridlines thickness, so for example at 200%, your gridlines will be two pixels in width.  I happened to have an app with several ownerdraw string grids that do custom stuff with column widths that assumed the gridline width was 1 and all that broke.  So that might be something to look out for, cuz it was not obvious to me at first.

You have to use the new TCustomGrid_ActualGridLineWidth() function to account for that.

Edited by Remy Lebeau
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that tip.  I didn't know about that function.  I just used MulDiv, which I guess is what that function does.  Geewiz, how many times have I implemented something only because I did not know it already existed somewhere within the depths of the VCL/RTL already.

With Delphi 11.3, the build time of a big project takes now 6 minutes :classic_blink:

(it was around 1 minute before with 11.2... and 50 seconds with 10.x)

For the test, I do a "Clean" and then a "Build"

Do you experiment the same ?

PS : other problem : the inspection of the code with "CTRL" and "selection" do not almost never gets you to the definition.  I use now the good old "search", as in a Notepad.

It was the case allready with 11.x, but now it becomes worse

20 minutes ago, Denis Dresse said:

PS : other problem : the inspection of the code with "CTRL" and "selection" do not almost never gets you to the definition. 

Time to judge I do not know. But you can solve the problem with popupMenu (probably) Find definition/declaration.

38 minutes ago, Denis Dresse said:

the inspection of the code with "CTRL" and "selection"

Did you mean? "Ctrl+ClickMouse"?

it works

• if you has a source code on the "Browse Path" or unit PAS in your project-folder
    • if the "object clicked" it's a "interfaced", you go to the interface
    • if the "object clicked" it's a "class concrete", you go to the class
Edited by programmerdelphi2k

Yes I mean "Ctrl + ClickMouse".

With my big project, it is not working in most of the cases.

Sometimes it works, taking 3 seconds or more to get the result.

(and we used it for years)

Ctrl + g is 99% working solution.For big project.

For compile time it depends of source path

@PeaShooter_OMO Which version are you on now? Which platforms are you using?

We went from 10.4 to 11.1, and now to 11.3 - doing mostly Windows development. 

IMO, it was worth it.

@PeaShooter_OMO  11.0 to 11.3 is definitively worth it. Tired of code completion issues and Ctrl+click navigation not working? Lots of IDE fixes to be had. 

I personally prefer to uninstall all libs and plugins, then uninstall the IDE, and clean folders and clean registry before installing 11.3.

Tip: If you are comfortable with .reg files - backup the old registry branch to yank out and reapply f.x. custom syntax highlighting settings afterwards.

I am almost eady to put it on a par with D2007.  🙂

IMHO the best ever.  Not perfect, but still the best.

Edited by Ian Branch