jeanmilost

SVG Magic released

28 minutes ago, Attila Kovacs said:

here.zip

It is as I thought: Your demo CANNOT freely scale button icons as my demo (Freely_Scale_Toolbar_Controls_With_SVG_v2.zip) does. It can scale the button icons only in pre-defined steps: 75, 100, 125, 150, 175. For that, I don't need any SVG, just a few standard image-lists in different icon-sizes! The floppy image seems to be an SVG image overlay which can also be freely scaled with the SVG Magic library. The advantage of the SVG Magic library is that it contains a SVG Image-List component which allows you to do the things as shown in my demo.

10 minutes ago, PeterPanettone said:

It can scale the button icons only in pre-defined steps: 75, 100, 125, 150, 175

No. Those are only custom DPI's I chosen to demonstrate the look and feel on different DPI's, because this makes more sense than resizing them pixel by pixel.

And no again, these are all SVG's in a SVGImagelist from Riversoft, obviously you were too lazy to check the vendors site.

And no, you did not bother yourself to read my previous posts about SVGImagelists.

9 minutes ago, Attila Kovacs said:

this makes more sense than resizing them pixel by pixel

No, for the user abstract DPI values are useless. In the practice, the user will just visually set an icon size which pleases his eye.

12 minutes ago, Attila Kovacs said:

Those are only custom DPI's I chosen to demonstrate the look and feel on different DPI's

I rather think that you are not able to scale them freely as in my demo.

1 hour ago, PeterPanettone said:

The floppy image seems to be an SVG image overlay

No, it comes from TRSSVGImageList ( Riversoft SVG Library ) and the trackbar sets its width and height.

Exactly the same as in your demo.

Ah, and just for the record, Riversoft's SVG Library comes with the sources.

Edited by Attila Kovacs

@jeanmilost One question comes to  mind...why is this not a FMX component?

As someone who is trying to do some cross-platform work in Delphi, many times I feel the second-class relative here :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

Just realized that RiverSoft SVG Component does have an experimental unit just for this: using TCanvas to build a SVG.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 12:07 PM, Attila Kovacs said:

@PeterPanettone No, I'm not slandering anything. I'm trying to stay objective and I welcome any new components, I'm sure you did not read my previous posts in this thread. Also, I'm using only svg's in my apps since years. Here is a little demo with http://www.riversoftavg.com/svg.htm and there is at least one more SVG lib which is suitable for this not including svg magic.

I can see pros and cons in both libs but I won't go into the details.

here.zip

Could you please provide the source code of your little demo?

8 minutes ago, Frickler said:

Could you please provide the source code of your little demo?

No. What exactly do you want to know?