DonSa

iOS FMX controls not show on Iphone 14 device with ios 16

I have a problem with delphi ios controls that i do not know why?!

I have created a simple project on Delphi 11.2 and (test run Delphi 11.3) with some controls: TTabControl, TEdit, TCombobox, TMemo, TButton...

1. When i run this project on iPhone 11 device with iOS 16 then everything is OK

2. However, when i run this project on iPhone 14 device with iOS 16, then controls have not show on the form

(I have attached two screen images of this sample)

My Mac: MacBook Pro 2020, Intel Core i7, Moneterey OS, XCode 14

Please help me, thanks!

Test Controls on iPhone 11.png

Test Controls on iPhone 14.png

I have reconigzed that, if iphone language is English then iOS app run ok, but if language setting is Vietnamese then iOS app crashed when launching.

However, i don't know fix this. please help me

23 hours ago, DonSa said:

I have reconigzed that, if iphone language is English then iOS app run ok, but if language setting is Vietnamese then iOS app crashed when launching.

Do you used anything language specific ?

I don't know Vietnamese languagem but I've noticed that several "regions" and "sub-dialects" might exist which sometimes might cause undesired behaivour.

Like Swiss or Belgium language, can support various sub-dialects.

I had a case where it worked for example on a Belgian phone under fr_be, but mishehaved under and nl_be.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

Do you used anything language specific ?

I don't know Vietnamese languagem but I've noticed that several "regions" and "sub-dialects" might exist which sometimes might cause undesired behaivour.

Like Swiss or Belgium language, can support various sub-dialects.

I had a case where it worked for example on a Belgian phone under fr_be, but mishehaved under and nl_be.

I have changed my iOS device language to English, French, Deustch and many others then my app run still ok on both iPhone 11 and iPhone 14. This error orccur when iOS language is Vietnamese.

More information: With simple controls such as: TButton, TText, TMemo iOS app still run with blank form or incorrect showing, however, if I put a TListView with customized listview item on form then iOS app crashed when launching.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, DonSa said:

if I put a TListView with customized listview item on form then iOS app crashed when launching.

Can you provide an example of this? Just the form with the TListView with customized item will do.

30 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Can you provide an example of this? Just the form with the TListView with customized item will do. 

I created an application and put a listview to blank form.

1. With iPhone language is English, everything is ok:

1.1 Default ListView:

974722964_1Listview.thumb.png.5e4b18ab1f7918a36ce5f7618b103b26.png

1.2 Customized Textcolor of item:

974722964_1Listview.thumb.png.5e4b18ab1f7918a36ce5f7618b103b26.png

2. With iPhone language is Vietnamese, this sample has problem:

2.1. Default Listview: This app still run with incorrect controls

349603310_2Listview.thumb.png.05a840b1e922f6bdfaa2d4877386e9e8.png

2.2 Customized listview (in design time)

This app crashed when lauching...

my simple code:

265274804_4defaultlistview.thumb.png.f17ec2eee346eb728981d187233b7f40.png

906430588_5customizedlistview.thumb.png.7f953766cea3ecc399bc7121d93f83da.png

Thanks!

3 Listview.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonSa said:

2. With iPhone language is Vietnamese, this sample has problem:

2.1. Default Listview: This app still run with incorrect controls

1 hour ago, DonSa said:

2.2 Customized listview (in design time)

This app crashed when lauching...

Thanks.. I'll be taking a look into what is happening

• Like 1

This problem seems to be struggling. The same request is open as of April 2021 on RAD Embarcadero Quality (RSP-33610) but remains unresolved.

Is there a temporary solution to this problem?

Edited by DonSa

3 hours ago, DonSa said:

This problem seems to be struggling

I started taking a look into the problem, however it seems to be an issue deep in the Delphi runtime and it's a bit beyond me at the moment.

• Like 1

Interesting what happens when the Vietnamese language is chosen. I created this issue 7 years ago, about another error that I had only seen on Vietnamese:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-16205

It could be related to your problem because my reported error is that TPath.GetTempPath fails in Vietnamese.

PS. I don't understand Vietnamese, but we have customers from Vietnam and had to make a workaround for the issue.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hans♫ said:

Interesting what happens when the Vietnamese language is chosen. I created this issue 7 years ago, about another error that I had only seen on Vietnamese:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-16205

It could be related to your problem because my reported error is that TPath.GetTempPath fails in Vietnamese.

PS. I don't understand Vietnamese, but we have customers from Vietnam and had to make a workaround for the issue.

Thank you for your information. I have many users from Vietnam who use my apps. They usually set the default language as Vietnamese. With this issue, they cannot open the app. If they switch the default language to English or another language, then apps run OK.