Stanislav Yotov

Delphi 11.2 and MacOS SDK 15.5

Hello everyone. Today I was uploading new version of mobile app, which I am maintaining. The issue is that when I uploaded it via Transporter on my MacOS Monterey, which is running on virtual machine, I got this message: 1301834475_SDkIssue.thumb.jpg.a667b494795d5a0adedd2f263175e911.jpg

So, my question is: has anyone done the transition -> Is it necessary to update only XCode or both Xcode and MacOS. Does it work with Delphi 11.2 Alexandria? 

Thank you in advance! 

You need to update Xcode, and import the iOS 16.1 SDK. Xcode 14.1 requires at least macOS Monterey 12.5

• Like 1

Thank you for your answer. I have another question. I updated the macOS to 13.2 Ventura, XCode to 14.2, Rad Studio to 11.3. After that installed the PA Server on the macOS virtual machine and made the connection between Delphi and mac. The problem is that when I connected Delphi with Mac, in order to get the new SDK - it was really slow. It took 1 day to transfer it. Now I built the project on iOS and realized that it took at least 10 minutes to generate 2.6mb of the IPA file. 40 minutes later I am still waiting to generate it. My thoughts are that the connection between Delphi and Mac is very slow, but it's not the internet connection, because when using Anydesk for transfering files it is very fast. Any ideas of what may be the problem? Is it possible to be the PA Server (version 13.3.12.6) which I took from the Delphi (22) folder.

2 hours ago, Stanislav Yotov said:

The problem is that when I connected Delphi with Mac, in order to get the new SDK - it was really slow. It took 1 day to transfer it

I've seen another developer have this issue - he has talked with an engineer from Embarcadero and they are yet to find what the problem is.

2 hours ago, Stanislav Yotov said:

Now I built the project on iOS and realized that it took at least 10 minutes to generate 2.6mb of the IPA file.

This is something new. Best I can suggest is to report the issues to https://quality.embarcadero.com/

• Like 1

Hi I have EXACTLY the same problem 😞 I use also a macOS virtual machine and the connection between Delphi and PAServer is very very slow exactly like you. I even try to reinstall the macos from scratch, nothing change. but on some other macos computer it's work fine. I quite sure the problem is located in PAServer

I have just created this jira : https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-41260 please add a note to show that it's not only connected to me

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stanislav Yotov said:

the macOS virtual machine

It appears that all 3 developers I know of are in the same scenario, i.e. they are using a macOS VM on a Windows host. I wouldn't expect support from Embarcadero if the setup may be illegal to begin with. You may want to consider obtaining a Mac (least expensive option is usually a late-model Mac mini, or 2nd hand Mac - not too old, though), or use a cloud hosted Mac machine.

On 3/25/2023 at 5:10 AM, Dave Nottage said:

It appears that all 3 developers I know of are in the same scenario, i.e. they are using a macOS VM on a Windows host. I wouldn't expect support from Embarcadero if the setup may be illegal to begin with. You may want to consider obtaining a Mac (least expensive option is usually a late-model Mac mini, or 2nd hand Mac - not too old, though), or use a cloud hosted Mac machine.

Thank you! I will take this matter to the management.

• Like 1

I have exactly the same problem.... Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer SDK files from the Mac to Windows dev environment by using e.g. a USB-stick?

Edited by John van de Waeter

I'm not sure about that. By pointing the virtual machine and installing SDK from it you also tell Delphi that this is the "Mac Device" with which it cooperates when developing iOS. I am not saying for sure this is the case, it's just the way I see it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Yeah, probably. I managed to boost my MacVM, and the cache-update now took about 8 hours. Compiling and running an iOS app is ok. Deploying looks okay too, except for the last step: copying the ipa to the local iOSDevice64 directory.

Delphi became unresponsive, high cpu-load, and I canceled the copying process after about an hour. But the ipa is on the Mac, ready to be deployed to the appstore 🙂

And here's the problem again... uploading to the AppStore (via Transporter) worked, but took more than 30 minutes... It's looks like it's the MacVM that has serious problems with networking/uploading.... from what I read on the net it's a Ventura issue, also on Mac hardware.

Edited by John van de Waeter

Got exactly the same Problem. Also tried it on a physical mac, same issue.

During the update the Delphi Interface freezes from time to time and the transfer becomes slower with cetain files.

With Monterey on 11.2 everything ran fine and smooth.

Rgds

Mirko

@Dave Nottage

@Stanislav Yotov

@loki5100

@John van de Waeter

@oakley

After searching the WEB the solution is to run commands:

sudo sysctl net.link.generic.system.hwcksum_tx=0
sudo sysctl net.link.generic.system.hwcksum_rx=0

It works like a charm and solve the slow transfer between Vmware Ventura machines PAServer to Window Machines

Did you drank the beers Mr. Nottage?

Edited by Alejandrux
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1