Giorgi Chapidze

Spring4d compile error on Delphi CE 10.4.2

Hi! I have followed the installation manual for Spring4d. Cloned the repository and ran the build.exe, without running tests, with the Update Registry option checked.

Units and classes are definitely indexed because I can go to them with ctrl + click, but I am getting these weird errors:

1) Could not compile unit Spring

2) File not found Spring.inc .

How can I solve it?

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

Edited by Giorgi Chapidze

to manuall install, have you updated your "...Delphi\Library\Library Path" (indicating all folders used to find .pas or .dcu source) on TOOL menu, for example?

• Library Path = to compiler
  • Browsing Path = to code-editor
  • Debug Path = to debug :_)
Edited by programmerdelphi2k
  • Like 1

CE does not have working command line compilers afaik so you have to manually install:

- open <your-spring4d-dir>\Packages\Delphi10Sydney\Spring4D.groupproj

- build the project group (unit tests might not compile as they require TestInsight - does not matter to you)

- add <your-spring4d-dir>\Library\Delphi10Sydney\<platform>\<config> directory to the library path (Tools->Options... then Language->Delphi->Library (select the platform at the top and then "..." next to the Library path

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stefan Glienke said:

CE does not have working command line compilers afaik so you have to manually install:

- open <your-spring4d-dir>\Packages\Delphi10Sydney\Spring4D.groupproj

- build the project group (unit tests might not compile as they require TestInsight - does not matter to you)

- add <your-spring4d-dir>\Library\Delphi10Sydney\<platform>\<config> directory to the library path (Tools->Options... then Language->Delphi->Library (select the platform at the top and then "..." next to the Library path

By the way, you are the lead for Spring4d, right? I am curious if you are working on the new release. I am fond of your project, and if I had expertise, it would be an honor to contribute to it. Thanks for your work.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stefan Glienke said:

I do, in fact, last week I did the 2.0 rc1

On Bitbucket, 1.2.4 (2020) is the latest version available. So I thought the project was kind of abandoned... Now I am happy! Where can I see the release lifecycle?

Edited by Giorgi Chapidze