Sign in to follow this  
Willicious

Using Bass.dll and add-ons in a Delphi project

I'm currently working on a project which uses Un4seen's Bass.dll plugin.

It's already installed, and at present just makes use of the basic plugin for playing audio files. Ideally, I'd like to use one of the add-ons (specifically, one which can pitch/tune the audio up or down during playback, such as Bass_FX).

I wonder if anyone here has any experience working with Bass and its add-ons. I could do with some help getting started (specifically with the Bass_FX add-on); I've located the .pas file in the Bass_FX folder, but there doesn't seem to be a .dll anywhere.

Also, once I've managed to get the add-on in the correct place, how do I call it for use?

in your link you can see download Win32bit for example:    https://www.un4seen.com/download.php?bass24

• you can find 2 DLL ( 32bits on root folders, and 64bits on "base24\x64)
  • you can find the demo folder "delphi\...."  <--- many demos for study
  • now you can do this:
    • copy the "bass.DLL  - 32 or 64bits" where your "exe" will be generated, ex.  if testing in Debug mode
      • c:\mytest\myBassDemo\Win32\Debug   <-- here your EXE, then, here should be DLL
  • basically, you need copy the "DLL" where will be your EXE
Edited by programmerdelphi2k

Hi @programmerdelphi2k, thanks for your reponse.

I've downloaded the examples and I'm attempting to run them in RAD. I have both bass.dll and bass_fx.dll in the project example's folder (which, I assume, is where the .exe will be generated - I can't know this for sure because something is preventing me from getting that far).

I get the following error, in spite of these files appearing in the project explorer window:

117203391_bass.pasnotfound.thumb.png.11ce844a704c5bdd3c5255b8e9402181.png

Managed to grab the bass.pas file from another project and placed it into the example project folder. This seemed to satisfy the error, but now the .exe generates this error message when running:

image.thumb.png.8e1788dc75d9aa0cd3c7fce177535a11.png

All files associated with the example project are in the same folder, "...Delphi\Tempo":

image.thumb.png.3972c66e3f051232c583e60f65624518.png

look, using the link above (from site) you can this:

• the "BASS.PAS" is in "..\bas24\Delphi folder", then, if your project dont have, just add it!!!
  • the "BASS.DLL" is in "..\base24"  (32bits) and "..\base24\x64" (64bits) , then, you dont need copy from another place!!!
  • the "DLL" should be where your EXEcutable is it!!! for example, if your EXE is in "c:\myBASSDemo", then, it's here where it should be!!!

this files is found https://www.un4seen.com/download.php?bass24  zip downloaded!!!

Sem título.png   Sem título.png 

bds_4DDcuWHRko.gif

Edited by programmerdelphi2k
  • Like 1

Apparently, it's because I'm using it with the latest version of RAD. Chris over on the un4seen forums provided this zip which has the files correctly configured for 10.4.

Tempo.7z

Next, though, I have the task of trying to call bass_fx for use in my project, which I'm struggling to find any sort of step-by-step tutorial for. I can try to mimic what's happening in the Tempo project, but I'd mostly be guessing instead of knowing what I'm actually doing.

New to this, but willing and able to learn quickly.

Edited by Willicious