Silver Black

TVirtualListView and TVirtualTreeView in 10.3.1

Do these data structures behave as intended in 10.3.1?

In D2010 I had to use some workarounds, but they are still the best data-strutcures for my needs (instant view of huge items quantity in list-views and tree-views) and I'm preparing to migrate my main project  (that widely use them) in 10.3.1.

• Like 1

There are changes between VT 5.3 which you would probably be using for D2010 and VTV 7.0+ (6.x and above stopped being backwardly compatible to versions of the IDE before (I think) XE3.).

You can still use VTV 5.3 on 10.3.1 but you would get fixes and enhancements if you used VTV 7.0+ (latest I think is 7.1).

I'm not sure I understand the question. If you need backwards compatibility to before XE3 then you will need to use VTV 5.3 (say for instance you building an Open Tools API project to be backward compatable to D2010). If you using it in an application with a modern version of the IDE (10.x) then you could use VTV 7.0 or above. I'm using 7.0 in one of may application and not the latest version as I've had issue with the live repository introducing breaking changes that affected basic functionality so I test the releases before committing and using them.

There are 2 things you need to do:

1) If you want to use the components from the tool palette then you will need to install the appropriate package for your IDE however this will not necessarily allow you application to compile the code;

2) You either need to add the Source\ directory to the IDEs library path or to your projects Search path.

Your application should then compile.

• Thanks 1