Sign in to follow this  
Gord P

Code Completion gives a list of Templates instead of Functions and Properties

Well as the subject lines states, most (95%) of the time I see a list that looks like the first image below.  It is not entirely repeatable.  Occasionally I get the bottom one (which is the expected response).

It seems to happen more when the Classic Compiler is false.  Sometimes nothing shows up, not even the list of templates.  

I can't imagine it is a common thing as I would have seen something online about it I am sure (because it is really irritating).

Anyone have any ideas if I screwed up a setting or something and if so, which one?

I am using 11.3 (no Patch 1).   Never had this issue with 10.3.3.

image.thumb.png.9ecfe54a5ea3adee19fd57a525e6e9f2.png

image.thumb.png.b18b213eeae43e44bf223745e7f3563d.png

Edited by Gord P

I find the same with the clang code completion - it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I know Embarcadero are aware of this and are trying to make it better. However I think the new approach that is coming (as per David Milington's recent blog) promises to get this properly sorted. It's an essential feature in the world of modern C++ IDEs. If you haven't read David's blog - here's the link:

David's c++ the future blog

I am definitely having less occurrence of this if I remember to change the "Use 'classic' Borland compiler" setting to 'true' before I do anything.  The docWiki says the default is 'true' but that is not the case.