Steffen Nyeland

Siege of Avalon lifted...

Probably more interesting for the German speaking - since this game still has some active and great following/modding in Germany. (But it seems my DP login only works for the English DP forum)

Anyway here a bit about the gitHub fork I did on the original deceased source: http://fixedbycode.blogspot.com/2019/03/siege-of-avalon-lifted.html now working with 10.3.1 😉

Edited by Steffen Nyeland
typo
  • Like 2

Interesting - I remember playing that game - however it probably was kinda mediocre given the fact that I totally forgot about it until I saw the screenshot which reminded me.

So did I - until the GOG release of Diablo reminded me, and the graphics are better and the story on par, but I think there was too much story to read, before getting into action. But it apparently sold nicely in Germany, compared to its home in US. Does that mean that people in the US thinks reading is waste of time 😄

I already got positive feedback from people on the German fan/modding forum - and they are keen on getting things done with the code. Meanwhile I continue to remove 10.3.1 compiler warnings, and deleting units.

One fun "feature" in the original code that the Delphi 4 compiler let slip through:

interface
  function X: integer;

implementation

procedure X;
begin
  Result := 4;
end;

..if it compiles...