haentschman

Drag and Drop Component Suite: Outlook embedded images

Hi...:classic_cool:

Is it possible to drop embedded images from outlook as a file into a folder...with a dummy name?

Imho not...:classic_unsure:

Thanks...

Image.PNG

15 minutes ago, haentschman said:

Is it possible to drop embedded images from outlook as a file into a folder...with a dummy name?

I can't see why not.

You haven't stated if your application is the drop source or the drop target, but if you can drop to/from Outlook from/to the desktop, then you can do the same from/to your own application.

Hi :classic_cool:

I don't use the studio yet. I was only interested in the principle of whether this is possible at all. :classic_rolleyes:
I have an Outlook mail with which the images are embedded via copy/pase. These have NO file name. I would like to save only the marked picture, which is no file, by drop into a folder. To do this, the "metadata" of the image would have to be converted to PNG or JPG...and get a filename. The normal way is...save the image over context menu. I want it over Drag without temporary file. :classic_cool:

Outlook -> MyApplication

Thanks...

Menu.PNG

Edited by haentschman

I suggest you install the components and run the Source Analyzer example. Then you can see exactly what information an Outlook drop contains. I would be very surprised if Outlook didn't offer the image as a file with a name (real or synthesized).

Hi...😎

run the Source Analyzer example

...I will give it a try. 😉

synthesized

that's what i mean with "dummy name" 😉

Thanks...