Hmmm

I writed another small app only for  rest auth. On form placed two components: TRestOAuth and TSslHttpRest.  OAuth process is OK. I successfully got tokens. The OAuthRest process is bad.  App still not executing procedure "onHttpRequestDone" inside component. Looks like I not set some parameters. Or Delphi do error while compiling app. Problem what inside component does't executing event handler  OnRequestDone. And FResponseRaw field  remains empty. When I comparing code in demo app and my own code I'm not seen big difference between them. I'm attach archive with my app. Can you  look  please and telling me where I'm do error?

Debug.zip

Edited by ZRomik

3 hours ago, ZRomik said:

Angus, this event raise one time inside component TSslHttpRest.

I.e. procedure onHttpRequestDone calling only first time, when process authorization request. When I call procedure RestRequest this event does'nt raise. I can't understood why this strange thing  happens.

Perhaps you are confusing two different events. OnRequestDone is an event raised by the base component TSslHttpCli and is handled in TSslHttpRest to process the body stream response into ResponseRaw.     The OnRestRequestDone event is then called by TSslHttpRest and that is where the REST response should be processed. 

If your application uses OnRequestDone instead of OnRestRequestDone, no content will be available.  

> autorefresh token not work if app in Idle, eg minimized to tray?

Windows applications continue to run when minimised, but not if Windows goes to sleep or is suspended by power management. 

Angus

8 minutes ago, Angus Robertson said:

Perhaps you are confusing two different events. OnRequestDone is an event raised by the base component TSslHttpCli and is handled in TSslHttpRest to process the body stream response into ResponseRaw.     The OnRestRequestDone event is then called by TSslHttpRest and that is where the REST response should be processed. 

If your application uses OnRequestDone instead of OnRestRequestDone, no content will be available.  

> autorefresh token not work if app in Idle, eg minimized to tray?

Windows applications continue to run when minimised, but not if Windows goes to sleep or is suspended by power management. 

Angus

I'm understand. I speak about method inside component TSslHttpRest. That method does't executing when I manual execute procedure RestRequest(...). I'm  process OnRestRequestDone event  in  my app but ResponseRaw property equal to empty string.

Edited by ZRomik

1 hour ago, ZRomik said:

I'm understand. I speak about method inside component TSslHttpRest. That method does't executing when I manual execute procedure RestRequest(...). I'm  process OnRestRequestDone event  in  my app but ResponseRaw property equal to empty string.

If your application has OnRequestDone assigned, then that will override TSslHttpRest.onHttpRequestDone so it is never called, that is a design flaw of mine which I will fix next week.

Angus

17 minutes ago, Angus Robertson said:

If your application has OnRequestDone assigned, then that will override TSslHttpRest.onHttpRequestDone so it is never called, that is a design flaw of mine which I will fix next week.

Angus

Good. Let's wait for the fix. But how it's work in demo app?

47 minutes ago, ZRomik said:

Good. Let's wait for the fix. But how it's work in demo app?

I just told you, your application probably has the OnRequestDone event assigned, remove that and it will work properly.

Angus

Yes! It working! I mistaked and create event handler for wrong event. I am inattentive. Sorry and big thanks, Angus. And sorry for my english. Not my native language.

25 minutes ago, ZRomik said:

Yes! It working! I mistaked and create event handler for wrong event. I am inattentive. Sorry and big thanks, Angus. And sorry for my english. Not my native language.

And I should not nave written code that allowed you to break the component, will fix it next week.

Angus

Angus, Can you do property TokenUrl  for component TRestOAuth as published? Then component can be completely configured in design-time.

Edited by ZRomik

Today result of authorization

Failed to Generate App Token

App Authorization Code: Pk0LCe2FYB6t_FMecf7-OJyX3W0RbvnOuItQ4-cvAv1zLel-mr0zfllEu62by6ec

Success! You may close this page and return to app

Maybe need add message about bad authorization? Split "RedirectMsg" to "ResdirectSuccMsg" and "RedirectBadMsg" as case. And how  can handle error while authorization process?

On 3/28/2019 at 6:17 PM, ZRomik said:

Angus, Can you do property TokenUrl  for component TRestOAuth as published? Then component can be completely configured in design-time.

It is already published.

Angus

On 3/29/2019 at 5:55 AM, ZRomik said:

Today result of authorization

Maybe need add message about bad authorization? Split "RedirectMsg" to "ResdirectSuccMsg" and "RedirectBadMsg" as case. And how  can handle error while authorization process?

The Failed to Generate App Token message presumably originated from the OAuth2 server and was displayed in your browser, so our application can not see it.  So no easy way to handle it. 

The component sees success by the browser redirecting to the local web server, but there is no redirect on failure. 

It is possible to embed a Microsoft Internet Explorer window into your application to handle OAuth2 and check responses, but this is not best security practice and some authentication servers may block use of embedded browsers. 

Angus

SVN and the overnight zip are updated with a new version of TSslHttpRest heavily rewritten to be more user proof, also need changes to TSslHttpCli which was why it was originally written badly.  But now the REST responses are available in both the OnRequestDone and OnRestRequestDone events. 

Angus

On 4/5/2019 at 2:14 PM, Angus Robertson said:

SVN and the overnight zip are updated with a new version of TSslHttpRest heavily rewritten to be more user proof, also need changes to TSslHttpCli which was why it was originally written badly.  But now the REST responses are available in both the OnRequestDone and OnRestRequestDone events. 

Angus

Where to find svn repository address?

Thank you, François. Today I'm tested my app and found strange thing: handling OnRequestDone event of component TSslHttpCli  raised EHttpException exception with message "OK". How I can delete this exception and resolve this issue?

Edited by ZRomik

You should run your application under the debugger which will show where the exception occurs. This is what is needed to understand what happen.

I resolved this issue. In OnBgException event handler I set field CanClose to True. And the error message does't appear anymore

• Like 1

Is there a way to know that the TRestOAuth component has updated the authorization token if autoupdate is set?

Edited by ZRomik

> Is there a way to know that the TRestOAuth component has updated the authorization token if autoupdate is set? 

Use the OnOAuthNewToken event and illustrated in the sample application.

Angus

Hello Again!

OK, I need to get some data from server accross post-request. I write small app but always get error "Bad request". Can you see my code please?

I use property ContentTypePost for set content-type  as "application/json"

post_test.zip

Again trying  send post-request as follow:

if Not Assigned(FRcvStr) then
    FRcvStr := TMemoryStream.Create;
    if not Assigned(FSndStr) then
      FSndStr := TMemoryStream.Create;
      s := '{"names": ["Water"]}';
      FSndStr.Write(s[1], Length(s));
      cli1.SendStream := FSndStr;
      cli1.RcvdStream := FRcvStr;
      cli1.PostASync;

So, If I use method Post then I get eror "BadRequest". If I use method PostAsync then I got  answer; "{"error":"too few items for 'names', 'names' is required"}". Looks like data not sending to server.