Osama Ghazal

Good book about FireDAC

Hi All,

is there is any documentation or books for firedac that help me to upgrade my knowledge?

I look for FireDAC in Depth,  but I found the most topics on fdmemorytable, and there is nothing deep.

and the Embarcadero documentations and samples are very bad and complex, there is no explains enough.

I have recordesd many videos on youtube and I feel that I am not strong enough in FireDAC.

so, what is the solution?

• Like 1

I found Cary Jensen's book very deep and informative, with many examples. Always a go to when I'm not sure about something.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2023 at 8:05 PM, Osama Ghazal said:

I talked about it,

not many peoples says that it is deep and it not cover a many topics, only few

Perhaps you could explain what you want to try and to know ?

Cary's book is still the reference, even if it's old and some things have changed in FireDAC. It remains the best resource for understanding the framework and the interactions between its components.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 9:36 PM, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

Cary's book is still the reference, even if it's old and some things have changed in FireDAC. It remains the best resource for understanding the framework and the interactions between its components.

In my opinion, the online help is better.

I bought the book a few years ago when I was about to transition a system from ADO to FireDAC and I found the book to be completely useless. It covers the basics, but so does the help and the help is up to date. Advanced topics are barely covered at all.

• Like 1

I noticed that he used Delphi 10 in the book.
The Chapter 2, example on Paradox and FireDAC  does not seem to run correctly in Delphi 11 on win 10 Home.
Edition

At least it shows it is possible.
But, if smart people can barely do this stuff it is virtually impossible for neophytes such as myself.