dummzeuch

DIBControls by Droopy Eyes Software

Does anybody know what happened to the DIBControls by Droopy Eyes Software?

Their website vanished in 2007, but the Wayback Machine remembers it:

https://web.archive.org/web/20071009172906/http://www.droopyeyes.com/default.asp?mode=ShowProduct&ID=3

I was able to even download the sources (Haven't looked at them yet).

Have these components maybe been included into any other component packs?

Does anybody have experience using them?

twm

Edited by dummzeuch

I have a copy of DIBControls.zip downloaded in November 2007, but I do not recall ever having used it.  And an e-mail from Peter Morris in 2002 announcing the new Droopy Eyes website.  Another Delphi component that has fallen by the wayside, perhaps.  Though there are other disappeared items from even earlier that are still in use here.

I still have my old Delphi source. I'd be happy to discuss using it if you email (my user name) at gmail com

@mrpmorris  Good to hear from you again in a Delphi context!  I don't think I ever used DIBControls, only FastStrings. I find this was 20 years ago now, in 1999.

Was very good comps ! I remember cDib.pas was excelent. :) Kudos Mr Morris :)

Funny things is I tryed to recompile it for fun a couple of  month ago, and it compile with only a few compilations directive and pchar ajustement under 10.3.2, but there are some unicode stuff needs to be upgrade under the tree :) So, It compiles, Install, but do not works :)

I saw there are some animation compo that I did not see on 2K's times : I missed something. :) 

When working on PXL compos wrapper,  I always had in mind DIBControl, how it was fast and smooth !