Blavatsky

Toggle main form size in IDE

Hello,
It has been a long time since I worked a lot with Delphi IDE.
I seem to recall in Delphi 5 there was a way to TOGGLE MAINFORM SIZE when at designtime in the IDE to make the MAINFORM larger.
The small area in the IDE workspace does not let me conceptualise/plan properly RUN-TIME size of my Project/APP.
How do I make my project appear the same size at design-time as run-time, BUT MUCH BIGGER and toggle to access IDE CONTROLS ?
Any help is appreciated

You cannot make the form in the IDE larger than the resolution of your screen you're working on. This is an insane limitation of the new IDE (can you bite if you have a 4k office monitor and have to work later on a laptop).

You are the second Lajos I have ever met, over the internet in about 3 weeks too.
Thanks, he is a computer programmer too.

IDE Startup Layout

When you open the IDE, RAD Studio displays a startup layout with the Structure, Obect Inspector, Palette, and Projects tool windows collapsed. You can also select the Startup Layout or another pre-defined layout from the dropdown on the top bar.

From the help, the Startup layout hides the "saddle bags." The edges of the embedded form designer use some screen for accessing slide outs but huge improvement over default layout for layout and text editing too!

I added a second icon with this switch dpunaware for different resolutions.

FMX has sizable viewer and shows the background of window behind in form window thumbnail. Either designer doesn't position the design in the thumbnail as designed. 

Edited by Pat Foley
added FMX side has sizeable viewer