Incus J

TStringGrid background - Bitmap Style Designer

Using a VCL Style, I'm trying to customise the background colour of TStringgrid objects.  The empty part of the grid that contains no cells.  At present the background is rendering white - and I'd like it to render a different colour.

The Bitmap Style Designer lists a Grid object, which contains a single Fixed (TSeBitmapObject) item, but nothing relating to painting the background of the grid control.

How can I determine which item(s) in the Bitmap Style Designer relate to all aspects of drawing a TStringgrid control?

OK - I've figured it out.  Just in case it helps anyone:

1 - In addition to the Grid object there is a separate Colors section which lists a Grid color.  This sets the Grid background color, however it may be necessary to set it a few times.  The new color doesn't always take for some reason, and the option to 'Pick' a color from the screen seems buggy.

2 - Saving the Style, then simply recompiling does not update the style in the application.  A full Build of the application is required.

I've not yet worked out how to determine which item(s) in the Bitmap Style Designer relate to a specific control, other than trial and error, though the style preview can be helpful.