Sign in to follow this  
Stanislav Yotov

Google rejects Production Release after upgrading to Rad Studio 12

Posted (edited)

Recently we upgraded to Rad Studio 12. We have Application which ran normally in production on both Android 32bit and Android 64bit built with Rad Studio 11.3.

Today we got rejected by Google with the following reasons:

image.thumb.png.ebd67cc74817ae38e692f005fc91d5c9.png

1) We built the App with Development Configuration and both Android 64 and Android 32 are working.

2) We also wanted to make sure the Application Store Release is also working. That's why we built the App with bundletool on both Android 64 and Android 32 bit. and the Results are:

- Android 64 - WORKING

- Android 32 - NOT WORKING with the following errors in the Android Monitor (crashes immediately without showing the Splashscreen) :

E/AndroidRuntime(4657): Process: {MY_APP}, PID: 
E/AndroidRuntime(4657): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{{MY_APP}/com.embarcadero.firemonkey.FMXNativeActivity}: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Drawable {MY_APP}:drawable/splash_image_def with resource ID 
E/AndroidRuntime(4657): Caused by: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Drawable {MY_APP}:drawable/splash_image_def with resource ID  

E/AndroidRuntime(4657): Caused by: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Drawable {MY_APP}:color/splash_background with resource ID #
E/AndroidRuntime(4657): Caused by: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource "{MY_APP}:color/splash_background" () is not a Drawable (color or path): TypedValue

NO CHANGES TO ANY SPLASH SCREEN IMAGES WERE MADE

All the Deployment settings were Reverted to Default to adapt to the Rad Studio 12 settings

All the .jar libraries were also Reverted to Default to adapt to the Rad Studio 12 settings

Any help would be highly appreciated 

Thank you.

Edited by Stanislav Yotov

Posted (edited)

We just got partial success. The Phone theme of the Android 32 bit device was Light, but on Android 64 bit was Dark mode. We changed the theme to Dark on the Android 32 device and the App worked. 

We switched then to Light mode on both devices (32 and 64 bit) and the App crashes on both devices. Our splash screen images are transparent. We tried also with the Default Delphi splash screens and on Light mode it crashes again.

THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN ON DEVELOPMENT CONFIGURATION, ONLY APPLICATION STORE.

We also tested with removing the Include Splash Images option in the Project Options / Icons / Splashscreen and the App works on both Android 32 and 64 in both Light and Dark Mode with only White background showing every time without any App logo:

image.thumb.png.692e7ee1192443219679ce64342803ed.png

Edited by Stanislav Yotov