JohnLM

App Tethering incompatability between Delphi XE7 and 12

Posted (edited)

Specs:  Delphi XE7, FMX, Win7, Win10, - Creating an App Tethering app for each platform (windows/android/tablet/laptop) 

I've had my share of problems in this app tethering endeavor but over-come most, if not all of them.  In this latest issue I appear to have found a slight bug in the differences between Delphi XE7 and Delphi 12 (and I'm sure in previous version as well). 

Let me explain. 

1. I have several demo app tethering that I created in Delphi XE7 for a windows 7 laptop and android 12 phone, and they work fine.  I can send/receive text. 

2. I have also create demo apps for app tethering in Delphi 11.2/12.0 for a windows 10 tablet and laptop, and they work fine.  I can send/receive text. 

3. The problem arrises when I create the same project in XE7, and using the same setup I would in the other app tethering (Password, Resource->Kind=value,

Resource->Name=text, ResType=data) but that the send and receive app(s) do not find each other.  So, the XE7 app tether cannot find that D11 or D12

app tethering and vise-versa. 

I need to create certain apps under XE7 for my daily windows 7 laptop because this is my main working computer.  My other win10 tablet and laptop(s) are my secondary work devices. 

My question is, is there a work-around for this? 

Edited by JohnLM

Update. . . 

I can confirm that the above issue is true. 

Creating the 'app tether' send/recieve app: 

1. If I create the apps on my main laptop using Delphi XE7 and the same ones on another device with Delphi 12.0, and then run both apps, they will not connect. 

But I found a work-around.

2. If I create the apps in Delphi XE7, and copy all the apps to all machines, laptops, and devices, then they will all connect.