Sign in to follow this  
Richard_Stevens

Unsigned IPA File

Is it possible to create an unsigned ipa file with Delphi? We have an enterprise customer that requires an unsigned IPA file which they will then sign with their own toolkit. 

As far as I can see you only get an IPA when it's deployed, and deployment involves our own provisioning profile and certificate, etc. Obviously we don't have our customer's equivalent of these.

Thanks,

Richard

I don't think creating an unsigned ipa file is possible, but ipa file is like apk file a simple zip file, although apk with signature scheme v2 and v3 is no more zip per se.

You can remove the signature easily from both, for ipa file the answer from SO here is show how to resign also you see how to remove the signature

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6896029/re-sign-ipa-iphone

I don't have mobileprovision file in hand to be sure, but i think it is XML file and it might have an entry(s) for Signature ( or something), you can parse and remove such entry(s).

Sorry, have explained it badly. They want to use their own Bundle ID as well, but in order to build an IPA file with their required Bundle ID I think I'll need a copy of their provisioning profile and certificate?

OK, i am lost here if they are going to use their Bundle ID then they are going to sign the ipa ( for deploying or not ), and this request of unsigned makes no sense for me.

Requesting unsigned ipa file means they are going to sign it on their own, hence they should/will/can remove your signature and sign with theirs, that include they have the required tools and the knowledge to do so,

Will this link help ?

https://coderwall.com/p/qwqpnw/resign-ipa-with-new-cfbundleidentifier-and-certificate

I suggest you ask them why they need it unsigned, and what is the difference from their point of view.