psla314

Delphi 10.4 Update 2 - Getting error E2411 Packaged units must refer only to packaged units

Hi

Just installed Delphi 10.4 Update 2 - After a successful full Build of my project group with 10 sub projects, without any issues, I then try and compile any of the sub projects in the same session and I get this error:

[dcc64 Fatal Error] Optuma.dpr(447): E2411 Unit Vcl.Forms in package vcl refers to unit System.Types which is not found in any package. Packaged units must refer only to packaged units

one of the other sub projects gets a similar error

[dcc64 Fatal Error] OPCM.dpr(23): E2411 Unit Vcl.StdCtrls in package vcl refers to unit System.Actions which is not found in any package. Packaged units must refer only to packaged units

My project group consists of an exe project and a number of dll projects. All these projects have runtime packages turned on for vcl;rtl;vclx. This is to reduce the size of the exe and dlls.

When I turn off the runtime packages the error does not occur, so it must be related to the runtime linked packages.

Note sure how it can have a problem with Vcl.Forms referring to System.Types, seems like a bug to me.

Am I missing something, or should I raise an issue ?

This same project worked fine with Delphi 10.2

Regards

Peter

• Like 1

UPDATE - I found a fix/workaround. It appears the order of the packages matter now in project options. I changed the order of the packages from vcl;rtl;vclx -> rtl;vcl;vclx and the problem is solved.
This worked fine in 10.2 so some changes must have been made to how packages are loaded/found.

• Like 2