Alex40

Rad Studio 10.4.2 and lmidas linking error - [DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 when trying to build Android App

Rad Studio 10.4.2

As the topic says, I am facing issues with linking one library, which I am not sure why it is trying to link. You will find the full error below:

[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidNDK-21-21.0.40680.4203\android-ndk-r21\toolchains\aarch64-linux-android-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\aarch64-linux-android\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lmidas
[DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)

From what I've read on the internet 'lmidas" is the libmidas or MIDAS library that contains the routines a ClientDataSet needs. Our app is using TFDMemtable and I am not sure why it is searching for this ClientDataSet library. 

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this linker error? 

P.S. - I've also added MIDAS library through the Add Featured Files in the Deployment options, but that didn't help.

Thank you in advance !

Untitled.png

Edited by Alex40

I've managed to fix it by myself. What I did was to:

1) Download archive file, containing the customized units and libraries of the Midas library from here:

https://www.4shared.com/rar/rGEOSrkNea/Arquivos_Delphi_Rio_1033.html

and follow the instructions to replace the libmidas.a libraries for Android / Android 64 from the video below:

My libmidas.a files are located by default:

- for Android 64 Release in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\lib\android64\release

- for Android Release in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\lib\android\release

2) Added in Rad Studio - Tools / Options / Library the following paths for:

- Android 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\lib\android64\release

- Android 32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\lib\android\release

image.thumb.png.b95e6a20a08f8ebc6dea5578a20ee98a.png

I am not saying this is the only fix of my problem, but this is my workaround to FIX it and it's WORKING !

• Like 1