FabDev

SOAP/WSDL with Python4Delphi

Hello,

In my software I use TMS Scripter which is a very efficient, stable and powerful component.

But I need more and more to handle Webservice (SOAP). And TMS Scripter can't dynamically handle Webservice : It's need Delphi/import WSDL and import library (translate) for TMS Scripter and recompile my software. Other way is to manually handle http/xml etc...

Python (With Zeep) seems to be able to handle (more easily ?) webservice WDSL ?

So my idea is to use TMS Scripter (which know my business object classes) + Python4Delphi (for SOAP handling).

Does it a good or a bad idea ?

Edited by FabDev

Hi FabDev,

In my estimation, this is not a good idea due to the lack of parallelisation with Python. We also use the TMS Scripter for web applications (f.e. https://help.clarc-software.de/display/CD7/WEB+VALIDATION+Arbeitsbereich). Here, however, you also reach the limits very quickly as soon as you use the generic classes in the scripter. These require a lot of performance and about 1MB per object instance. We have therefore transferred a lot to the client/browser. We were able to achieve acceptable results with this. 

Best regards

Edited by Soulflesh

Hello SoulFlesh,

Thank you for answer.

5 minutes ago, Soulflesh said:

In my estimation, this is not a good idea due to the lack of parallelisation with Python. These require a lot of performance and about 1MB per object instance.

We don't need parallelisation and high performance. We need, for example, get a value from another software/database. And in most of these cases the user has to wait the response.

Another alternative was to use CEF (Chromium Zmbeded Framework + javascript) but it's take a lot of memory : Like all webbrowser => "Hello world" at 500 mb of memory !

Best regards,