I have a 350+ file project that built just fine with 11.0, 11.1 and 11.1.5. Its a windows 64 bit VCL project. It has a set of unit tests (googletest) that builds under 11.2 ok. It has a small "test utlititly" that is also Win64 VCL and that too builds ok under 11.2 But when I try to compile the main project all the files compile ok but the linker fails. I get the following output which I am having trouble interpreting. Any ideas about what might cause this ?   [MSBuild Error] CodeGear.Cpp.Targets(3984, 5): MSB4018 The "ILINK32" task failed unexpectedly.
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt64(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.Metadata.Option.ParseInt64(String value)
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.Metadata.Option.IsDefaultValue(BaseTask task)
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.Metadata.Option.AppendCommandLineSwitch(BaseTask task, CommandLineBuilder b)
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.BaseTask.AddOptionString(CommandLineBuilder b)
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Cpp.ILINK32.AddOptionString(CommandLineBuilder b)
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.BaseTask.GetCommandLine()
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Cpp.ILINK32.GetCommandLine()
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.BaseTask.GenerateCommandLineCommands()
   at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute()
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.BaseTask.Execute()
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Cpp.ILINK32.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)