ewong

BDE + 10.3 and error $210C

Hi,

I had to dig up an old XE project that required to access a DBF file.  After installing the BDE installer for 10.3,

and running the program, I came across the error $210C.  According to [1], it means that 10.3 is picking

up multiple versions of IDAPI32.dll.  Since I also have dBasePlus installed, I probably do have multiple

idapi32.dll.  

Is it possible to tell 10.3 to use a specific IDAPI32.dll file?

Thanks

Edmund

[1] - http://www.delphigroups.info/2/08/355066.html

Edited by ewong

all software that somehow made use of Paradox tables, like: Corel Office, Word Perfect, Quatro Pro, etc...
So, you could initially try using your system on another computer and then install your DBase III Plus to see the result! If so, then your case is confirmed!
Solution: There should only be one BDE installed on your computer!
Normally, the latest version of the BDE (the installation) should work for your DBase III Plus too! If they use different directories for the BDE DLLs, then, it could be a separate problem!!!

did you try to put the dll's in the same folder as your executable

9 hours ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

all software that somehow made use of Paradox tables, like: Corel Office, Word Perfect, Quatro Pro, etc...
So, you could initially try using your system on another computer and then install your DBase III Plus to see the result! If so, then your case is confirmed!
Solution: There should only be one BDE installed on your computer!
Normally, the latest version of the BDE (the installation) should work for your DBase III Plus too! If they use different directories for the BDE DLLs, then, it could be a separate problem!!!

did you try to put the dll's in the same folder as your executable

I don't know if you'd believe this but I actually 'solved' (I think) my problem by going into the registry and taking a look at which

path was used.  As I had already a BDE installed before and installing the 10.3 BDE added a new Borland Shared in my Program Files directory.

I went to HKLM\Software\Winw6432Node\Borland\Database Engine, and noticed that CONFIGFILE01 key was pointing to

c:\ProgramData\Common Files\Borland\BDE\IDAPI.CFG, whereas DLLPATH was c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE.

I removed the "Shared" and now both 10.2 and 10.3  can run.   Planning to remove the Borland Shared directory in a bit after a bit

of testing.

Thanks

Ed

• Like 2

If you don't need to access Paradox, only DBF, you can try TDbf. See 

If you need SQL queries, use FireDAC LocalSQL witf TDbf.

• Like 1