Yossu

Can't install JEDI into Delphi 10.4

Bit of a Delphi newbie here, so please forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I'm trying to install the JEDI Code Library and JEDI Visual Component Library into Delphi 10.4. I used GetIt to install both, and they now shows as installed (see the screenshot).

However, none of the components appear in the palette. No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling the packages helps, they always show as installed. If I try to uninstall the visual component library, I get an error "Windows cannot find 'bin\JVCLInstall.exe', and if I try to uninstall the code library, it claims it's uninstalled, but closing and reopening GetIt shows it still installed.

My situation is exactly as described in this thread. However, I cannot understand the answer given there, as I have no idea what uninstaller he means. Nor can I see a clean.bat file.

I thought it was the same issue as in this thread, but I don't have any JEDI* folders in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\CatalogRepository

Anyone able to advise? Thanks

Screenshot 2023-02-15 215039.png

did you try look at your REGISTRY to find JEDI key on Embarcadero software?

if exists, try delete it  ... and your Catalogue repository references...

now, try re-install it by GetIT

Thanks for that. Not sure what went wrong last time, but this time, when I closed Delphi, I got the JEDI installer. Never saw that last time.

Anyway, all seems to be working now. Thanks for the help.