Sign in to follow this  
Fraser

IDE won't run project

I created a new project with 11.3 that is equal to one I have for 10.4.  After getting everything done it wouldn't let me set the icons.  So I finally deleted the whole project and started again, this time setting the icons as soon as possible.  Now I have built it for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and both debug and release but none of them allow me to run the program from the IDE.  I've had many versions of C++ Builder and many projects but this has not happened before.

The point where it becomes impossible to run is when the signature of WinMain is modified.  It is

int WINAPI _tWinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPTSTR, int) originally.

I am using a utf8 code library that is here: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/5252037/Doing-UTF-8-in-Windows I have changed '_TCHAR maps to' char in the belief that it is required for that library code.  I have had some use of that library although it takes some effort to make it compatible with C++ Builder.

I have discovered that the ability to run from the IDE and to set the icons are disabled together when I place any #include directives above #pragma hdrstop in the project source file.  Also the abilities are restored when I remove those extra include directives.