Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mandalf

  1. Recently my company purchased an upgrade from Professional to Enterprise license so I downloaded and installed 10.4.1 to my test machine. Yesterday my 10.3 Professional installation on my production machine refused to start because the Professional license has expired, and it doesn't accept the Enterprise license although it is just a superset of Professional. Embarcadero support told me I have to uninstall and reinstall. It would take me several days to find all the components and packages I had, if I even make them to work on 10.4. I have a deadline to deliver software and I don't have hours, not to mention days to waste. Does anyone know if there is a solution better than the reinstallation? I downloaded the 10.3.3. ISO to try to do the upgrade of license through the installer, but the Setup.exe doesn't even work.
  2. mandalf

    10.3 -> 10.4 license upgrade problem

    Just tried it. Apparantly it does not migrate installed components & packages, only settings.
  3. mandalf

    10.3 -> 10.4 license upgrade problem

    Thank you Uwe for saving my nerves. Everything went as charm and 90% of components were preserved. The other 10% I installed with ease. Although I must note that 10.4 installed itself as a separate installation, never noticing my existing 10.3.3 so I had to run a 10.3.3. install. It then updated my previous installation from Professional to Enterprise. I used web installers in both cases. I guess it would be too much to expect for it to migrate everything to the next version. Either way, I am satisfied I can go back to work.
  4. mandalf

    10.3 -> 10.4 license upgrade problem

    Uwe, thank you for your quick answer! Do you mean: First uninstall 10.3.3. Pro & keep the registry entries, and then do the 10.4.1. Ent install? Sounds too good to be true, to be honest :).
  5. mandalf

    No C/S FireDac for Delphi Professional

    This also made my company to switch to Enterprise, and that only created new problems - see here. I agree that Delphi ecosystem becomes more and more expensive, but I would be more eager to swallow it if they could make things work. Being with Delphi since 1.0 and I am very unhappy how the installation, licensing and updating works now.