Sign in to follow this  
Smotters

GREP menu and shortcut misery

I love Grep , Use it countless times per day. But recently the GExperts menu has the two Grep options (Search & Results) as submenus and this is a pain; because my shortcut Ctrl+Shift+S now popups out a submenu against the PAS form and I have to use the Mouse to select from "Grep Search" and Grep Results. Can it go back to the way it was so that my keyboard shortcut just pops up the Search. Oddly the Results form/view works directly with a shortcut.

Thanks, Paul

12 hours ago, Smotters said:

I love Grep , Use it countless times per day. But recently the GExperts menu has the two Grep options (Search & Results) as submenus and this is a pain; because my shortcut Ctrl+Shift+S now popups out a submenu against the PAS form and I have to use the Mouse to select from "Grep Search" and Grep Results. Can it go back to the way it was so that my keyboard shortcut just pops up the Search. Oddly the Results form/view works directly with a shortcut.

You can still assign individual shortcuts to "Grep Search" and "Grep Results", and there is no need to assign a shortcut to "Grep" (the submenu). Grep-Config.thumb.png.977b1e8e6c01c327f67ea69d2c34f8fa.png

In fact that's the default.

And for me it works the same way as it always has.

• Like 1

I have the same GExperts Configuration settings as that and use the same shortcut; but when I use them I get this popup menu over the Delphi editor. I have assumed its because the GExperts menu now has Grep with two submenus

image.thumb.png.4788d2c3fce32c93737e01e77048c9cb.pngimage.thumb.png.550ef6d517a20bb8e23b0e9690f5a631.png

Hm, that's odd. I just tried it again with Delphi 11 just to be sure (before I used 11.2). Again, Shift+Alt+S and Ctrl+Alt+R worked fine for me.

But then I assigned Shift+Alt+S as shortcut to the "Grep" entry rather than to the "Grep Search" entry and got the same popup menu as you.

So it's likely that it's the same in your configuration:

Grep-Config.thumb.png.1e1108e2d2f89db5a5cf3c135ab81dc2.png