Jump to content

dummzeuch

Members
  • Content Count

    567
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

dummzeuch last won the day on September 5

dummzeuch had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

358 Excellent

2 Followers

Technical Information

  • Delphi-Version
    Delphi 2007

Recent Profile Visitors

786 profile views
  1. dummzeuch

    GExperts Replace Components..

    I won't hold my breath either. The interesting part is that it took several years until somebody noticed that the expert does no longer work in some circumstances and wrote a bug report for GExperts. I didn't notice it myself, but that's not surprising given that most of my work is still with Delphi 2007 and doesn't involve databases. I was thinking about a workaround by closing the form and manipulating the dfm and pas file directly. But so far I haven't bothered.
  2. dummzeuch

    GExperts Replace Components..

    It says so right in the release blog post: "Since Delphi XE3 and later no longer allow creating components with subcomponents (the OTAPI function for that crashes – bug report here), GExperts no longer supports these components in the Replace Components expert." The link goes to: https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-25645
  3. dummzeuch

    GExperts 1.3.14 released

    The Goto expert is work in progress. I'm not yet sure where I want to go with it. So far it's simply a replacement for the Goto enhancement.
  4. dummzeuch

    GExperts 1.3.14 released

    I removed a unit from the 10.3 dproj file this morning. It might work now, but I cannot test it.
  5. dummzeuch

    Source Export question

    I also needed such a tool a while ago but could not find one. I ended up changing the code in GExperts to dump the contents to a file.
  6. dummzeuch

    GExperts 1.3.14 released

    I'm currently on vacation and have no access to IDEs newer than XE4, so I can't check this. Would you please file a bug report on SourceForge so it doesn't get lost?
  7. Oops, so a component/expert built with 10.3.2 does not necessarily work for 10.3.0 or 10.3.1? Since people without maintenance don't get the point versions, they are double fscked. Or the component/expert vendors/maintainers have to create two versions of their exes meaning they have to keep the older IDE versions around. And since it's not possible to install e.g. 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 on the same machine, that means they have to use multiple computers or multiple VMs. Great, just great!
  8. dummzeuch

    Working Find Unit...

    https://blog.dummzeuch.de/2018/08/04/improved-uses-clause-manager-in-gexperts/
  9. dummzeuch

    GExperts error message when closing IDE 10.3.1

    And this is the first error message? Or is there another one before it?
  10. dummzeuch

    GExperts 1.3.14 released

    https://blog.dummzeuch.de
  11. Yes, I know, it was about time ...
  12. dummzeuch

    Mustangpeak UltraExplorer

    With which version of Delphi does it compile? (Sorry, if you stated that before, I missed it.) I tried Delphi 2007, just because that's the version I have configured to open dpr files by default.
  13. dummzeuch

    Mustangpeak UltraExplorer

    * The sources for tb2k (Toolbar 2000 ?) are missing. (Just downloaded them from http://www.jrsoftware.org/tb2kdl.php I wonder about the license though). * The obj subdirectory in pngimage is missing. (adler32.obj and friends (I guess that's a reason to use the dcus. 😉 ) adler32.obj is part of Delphi since XE2, haven't checked whether it works and also about the other missing obj files yet, but I seem to remember that pngimge became part of Delphi around that time. No, just copying the obj files from Delphi 10.3 didn't work: "Unsatisfied forward declaration _llmod") I think I'll give up for now.
  14. dummzeuch

    Mustangpeak UltraExplorer

    Thanks a lot for providing the sources. I just had a look at them and found that there are plenty of dcu files in the same directory as the pas files. Is there a reason for including the dcus at all?
  15. dummzeuch

    Component installs

    After being bitten too many times, I only install the components with the vendor's installer the first time to get the source code (because that's the only way to get the source code for many components). I then check the source code into source control and remove everything that was installed into my IDE(s) and search paths and whatever. Then I compile the components from source (cursing a lot along that process because component vendors simply don't adhere to any standards) and install them into the IDE I need them. Once that works, I document the process and try to automate it. I then test the (automated) process by removing all traces of the components again and installing them. I fix any bugs of the process I encounter then (there are always bugs). After the installation process works, I remove any paths the installation process added to the IDE configuration. Component sources are always part of my projects that use them. I add them as svn:external to the project and add the search path as relative paths to the project. Rinse and repeat for any IDE version which needs them. Once that's done, everything usually works smoothly. But to get there is a pain in the lower back.
×