Cirrus22

Version INFO NOT being set in D11.3

I'm running Delphi 11.3 CE. I have used the JvVCLVersionInfo component and confirmed with Windows>Properties>Details>File Version that the Version Info in my executable is stuck at the version that was put there in Delphi 10.3CE.

In Project>Options>File Version I have include Version information in project set, see image( 0.9.3.X):

image.thumb.png.886b4b02e7d2295f5947407349a09950.png

here's what Windows is getting from the file (0.9.1.1346):

image.thumb.png.70b2777a96f9778aa6a8b6f50211f038.png

I've also tried using different components to display the version info, they all agree and it's wrong. Anyone else having similar issues?

Is there someplace else I need to set something?

Thanks.......

Are you sure the build config is the same? Version info settings could differ for any target/config. 64Mb is damn too much for release so you probably build debug but version info is only configured for release

1 hour ago, Fr0sT.Brutal said:

Are you sure the build config is the same? Version info settings could differ for any target/config. 64Mb is damn too much for release so you probably build debug but version info is only configured for release

@Fr0sT.BrutalYes, definitely configured for release, and it's a 32 bit build.

image.thumb.png.99df3f9a419c9cfea24a474d01f88923.png

Wait, I see I have debug build clicked min the version info. Let me get rid of that.

Nope that didn't make any difference to the size or getting the current version info.

Edited by Cirrus22

Try to recreate project file from scratch. It sometimes gets corrupted when applying complex option sets and especially if upgrading from older versions

• Like 1

@Rollo62Thanks again for the heads-up WRT ProjectMagician.

Tried the ProjectMagician Tool (specifically Normalise and Clear Settings in Child Configurations>Version Info) and that does not seem to have done anything. The Version  number in Project>Options>Application>Version Info is 0.9.3.14. The version info in Windows Explorer>File>Properties is 0.9.2.96.

I have raised an issue with Embarcadero (RSP-42185) and have sent a .dproj file over for the support people to have a look at, but, and also, any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Edited by Cirrus22